Mtsubishi MGA PD-620 Turntable

Bill W.

tin-ears
Hope I got that number right, I'm working from memory here .... Anybody know anything at all about this model? A search has turned up some info on a few Mitsubishi's, but not this one. Where does it fit into the Mitsu line, years of manufacture, specs, opinions, etc.

A local shop has one for sale, $40. Quite clean, unknown cartridge. (Couldn't find any markings on it) The plinth is quite heavy. The unit looks to be a quality unit. I'm thinking .......

Bill

I dont' have any lit on that specific model but I'm pretty sure it's from the mid-late 80's. The MGA stuff I don't consider in the same league as the Mitusbishi or Diatone (Japan only) gear. I wish I could tell you more, but I suspect you may do better. With vinyl coming back strong, if you buy it and don't like it you probably won't get hurt if you resell it. :thmbsp:

Good luck!

MitsuMan:
Thanks for looking up the TT for me. I didn't really expect to find much anyway. I have quite a bit of store credit at the place that has this unit. They've sold a lot of stuff for me via consignment, and I keep a standing balance there just for things like this, so there would be no cash involved. It's just that this thing looks and feels like a quality tt. Sometimes one just gets a "feeling" about an item if you know what I mean. (Doesn't ALWAYS work though unfortunately!) Besides, I have this brand new Shure M97Xe that's looking for a home .....

I'll be going by there again Saturday. I'll take a better look at it then if they still have it.

A couple of other questions if I may: The cartridges Mitsu/MGA used .... Were they their own manufacture? And were they any good? Like I said, I couldn't find any markings on this one.
Also, What did "MGA" stand for? Was this a down-graded line of Mitsubishi? Many thanks.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom