Multiple Infinity owners ?

Slim, your not crazy, your normal, the more the better, heck I got 2 sets of QLS-1's Q2, Q3, RS 2.5, RS4.5 and still look for more :)

I have a set of rs2 as my primary. I also had a set of rs3a that I sold and regret doing so. Finally, I have two full and complete modulus setups, two original woofers, two sets of stands, two crossovers,and two pairs of satellites, all in minty condition. I also have an ssw 212 powered sub in mint condition in original box and packing. May decide to use that in home theatre setup , as my new house is now finally finished and is wired for same.

QLS-1, RS 2.5, quantum 4, RS6b, Qb.

All sound a bit different, but all great sounding IMHO.

Infinity Speakers are like potato chips; can't have just one.

RS-1bs, RSIIb's, QLS-1, 3 pairs of Quantum 2's, Quantum 5, Kappa 9, Kappa 8's. Currently I am using a pair Q2's and the RSIIb's, the rest are in spare rooms on standby. I did have another set of RS-1's but I sold them to another AK member.

I think I'm starting on my addiction. Started with a pair of Reference Four's. Next was a pair of RS6001's and now added a pair of Quantum 5's. Would love to pick up something really big like the Kappa 9's.

Hi my name is gt4viper and I'm an Infinity addict.
Lol

My list includes:
Infinity RSIIIa
Infinity RS6B
Infinity IL40
Infinity IL10
Infinity IL36C
Infinity 2000.2
Infinity RS2
Infinity 2000.1
Infinity PS310W (X2)

My wishlist includes the RS5b's RS1b's and the IRS Betas.
And of course I win the lottery I'll be hunting down a pair of the single greatest, most beautiful example of audio overkill I've ever seen, the IRS V.
Seriously though, who among us who had the choice of gifts, new $30,000 car, or IRS V, would choose the car.
$30,000 cars are EVERYWHERE. IRS V are as rare as a mother in law you don't mind having move in with you.

IMG_0649.JPG
Oh and if those do nothing for you, I've got some bad news dude...

^^^ gee I wonder if that guy is single. Skull over fire place...or where the fire place was until the Big Macs arrived.

I hear ya about the car or speakers. I have already made that choice. I have far and away more in my stereo than my car...its a pos though.

Last edited:
Man, I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm up to 3 Infinity pairs (RS 7, Kappa 7, Reference Five) and am getting ready to add a pair of Crescendo 3007's this coming week. I just picked up the Ref Five's last week and immediately refoamed them. Other than surround rot, they were in beautiful shape. I think I like them better than the Kappa's but only have about 5 hours on them. I am definitely looking forward to hearing the 3007's! From everything I've read, it should be a treat.

BTW, the Infinity's share space with 2 pair of JBL's, 2 pair of KEF's, and single pairs of Vandersteen 2Ce's, AR 318s' and a pair of DCM Timeframe 400's for good luck. They are being driven by 5 separate systems Adcom 545, NAD 214's monoblocked, NAD 7155 and Yaqin MC13s and APPJ Mini2013 tube amps. I have one pair of JBL's, AR and TF 400's hooked to an Adcom GFS-6 Speaker Selector (driven by the NAD 7155). The KEF's and a pair of the JBL's are part of the 7.1 system driven by an Onkyo AV receiver. The Infinity's each have their own dedicated system. All of this shite is in the same room!

It is settled though - I am officially out of room. Oh, I'm way out of the wife's approval spectrum.

Attachments

• IMG_9000.JPG
    IMG_9000.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 26
RSII - Main "man cave" speakers
RSIIIa - currently the main speakers in the family room. Rotated with a bunch of other stuff. Future HT mains
RS5b - Currently not in use. Future HT rears

RS2 (2000s era) - Were HT mains, currently not in use.

Back
Top Bottom