Murder in the Hollywood Hills...

The cabinet was picked up about an hour ago. It should be here this afternoon or tomorrow sometime. Thanks to Vendo81 and his input, I believe it was mis-identified and may actually be a ‘64 model President. That being the case, it would appear that it would be just what is needed to complete his setup. If you want it Vendo, it’s yours for what I have in it and not a penny more.

Nice in theory. I am a stay at home dad with a one year old son. That was my original plan, but he had other ideas.

I hear you, even if you had gotten there early it would of been to no avail as your mentioned the guy was sleeping in his car waiting

For a lousy 300 bucks, he allowed an irreplaceable console, of which very few were ever made, to be destroyed.

He talked them way down on price (original was 1500.00), paid, then spent 4 hours on-site taking it all apart. At least that is what I was told...

The sale started @ 7am, and it was sold by 7:10.

Shame on the Estate sale company for letting the buyer gut the console on premise why the sale was going on and double shame on them for reducing the price $1200 within 10 minutes of the sale starting that is unheard of at least in my neck of the woods regardless of the item. They obviously knew the console was of value pricing it initially at $1500. They sound like rank amateurs to me.

Shame on the Estate sale company for letting the buyer gut the console on premise why the sale was going on and double shame on them for reducing the price $1200 within 10 minutes of the sale starting that is unheard of at least in my neck of the woods regardless of the item. They obviously knew the console was of value pricing it initially at $1500. They sound like rank amateurs to me.

Wait, they took an 80% discount on something within the first 10 minutes??

That's absurd; I really don't know what to say, as there's no sentient reason for doing so, aside from the backdoor payoff to a co-conspirator, but I can't believe anyone running a company knowingly accept that payment.

Wait, they took an 80% discount on something within the first 10 minutes??

That's absurd; I really don't know what to say, as there's no sentient reason for doing so, aside from the backdoor payoff to a co-conspirator, but I can't believe anyone running a company knowingly accept that payment.

Agreed... the buyer apparently convinced the seller they had a significantly messed up console that housed none of the original parts and was worth far less because of it. He presented himself as the “expert” on vintage audio.

He basically scammed them.

Agreed... the buyer apparently convinced the seller they had a significantly messed up console that housed none of the original parts and was worth far less because of it. He presented himself as the “expert” on vintage audio.

He basically scammed them.

There's a guy local to where I live who passes himself off as an "expert on vintage audio" some of the stories I've heard of him negotiating prices down based his "knowledge" is sickening plus I'm pretty sure he's in cahoots with many of the local estate sale companies.

Yes that looks like the one. Jose is the person who bought it I'm sure. I've mentioned him before and I was going to check his auctions tonight to see if it showed up. He is at EVERY estate sale that has audio items from LA to San Diego. A good friend told me he was at an auction at 4 AM recently, and Jose was already first in line. I stay away from the estate sales just because of that. I've bought a couple items off of Jose in the past, and he's very nice in person but obviously doesn't care about Fisher history :(

There's a guy local to where I live who passes himself off as an "expert on vintage audio" some of the stories I've heard of him negotiating prices down based his "knowledge" is sickening plus I'm pretty sure he's in cahoots with many of the local estate sale companies.

Are you in SoCal too? The only thing these guys use their knowledge for is to pocket the money off of collectors who truly appreciate these works of art for what they are. They are the equivalent of the tomb raiders of antiquity. I wonder if there is such thing as Fisher’s curse for those who defile...

I believe in Karma. So this will come back on him in one way or another. What goes around comes around. All those adages.

I’d make a video for YouTube looking for what you need and the guy that stripped the cabinet just might see it and sell the stuff back to you for a profit. If you itemize exactly what your looking for on YouTube there might be more out there than you might think....

I agree with Vendo that it's a 64. And it had the Hybrid TA-900 amp in it. Only made 3 years for the President and in '64 for the Regent. VERY RARE almost impossible to get a manual for.

Back
Top Bottom