Murder in the Hollywood Hills...

The cabinet itself is cleaning up very well. It is like a time capsule. If I and bought the display sample, it would have looked no better. Pics tomorrow when I have some daylight.

Presidents show up in the Los Angeles area more often than you would think. I bought the components from two Presidents over last 2 years that met with the same fate. The first had been gutted years before. The second, a 1964 model had been freshly destroyed. When I asked about the cabinet he told me he "busted it to pieces cuz it was so large and heavy". Sure enough it had been cut up with a circular saw and broken up to go to the dump. The size of the President makes for an easy target. This is all I got from the cabinet...

View attachment 1130825
The serial number on mine was 90038...

I'm somewhat surprised it has in-house FISHER speakers, and not Jensens. But don't let that deter you. I really like the sound of the FISHER Speakers in my '65 Futura which are one size smaller at 10" (woofer) than in the President. My '63 Executive has all Jensens and is somewhat subdued compared to the Futura. Even with all new caps in both the difference is almost day and night.

Starting a new thread in DIY... I am going to resurrect the cabinet as something I call a Memory Chest. In this way I can at least put it to very good use and preserve the look and feel of the old girl.

Back
Top Bottom