Music Hall 25.2 or PS Audio DL III DAC???

Can you post an update on the PS DAC? I have been seriously considering that unit and would appreciate your input.

Can you post an update on the PS DAC? I have been seriously considering that unit and would appreciate your input.

So far I like it! It does sound almost analog like as some reviews put it. It's smooth and rich and really does wonders with some edgy recordings. The sound stage is fairly deep and does a good job in seperating instruments. It's dead silent and built really well, it's more impressive in person than in photos. I wish I could audition some of the other converters that are out there for a comparison, but I think for the price it's a great buy. If you have any specific question, I can certainly try to answer it. :music:

EDIT: Effortless, it does sound effortless and seems to handle complex music quite well. Certain instruments do seem to have different texture (quality) compared the the cheap converters I have used.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. I have a Pioneer Elite PD-59 that needs some processor help. I have also been feeding streaming audio from the pc through a small USB powered DAC to the system. The PS DAC appears to be a significant step up from the processor in the Pioneer and would also serve as an upgrade for the computer audio feed.

The Yaqin amp appears to be a serious piece of audio equipment. Congrats on that choice.

Did the deed, the PS dac now resides in my stack. I found the sound to be rather bright in the high frequencies and voices are raspy and hard edged. I assume this will resolve after the unit has achieved burn in. I have the CD player on repeat and feeding the PS Digital Link III. The bass is very tight and focused. Listening to Sheffield Lab's KODO produced some amazing drum lines!

Back
Top Bottom