Music in the dark

Jayrosc

Anyone else notice that music sounds so much better in a dark room? I just turned the lights off to listen to the Flamingos "I only have eyes for you."
Pretty darn dreamy.

Kinda hard when one had all kinds of meters, dials, indicator and function lamps and those led power indicators. Some even have color organs.

I use am glad my main inputs have very limited lighting. Nearly unseen on the tt and the cdp well the lights can be dimmed or turned off. All that is left is the single lamps on the pre, power, cdp and tt. Darkness is good for listening.

Anyone else notice that music sounds so much better in a dark room? I just turned the lights off to listen to the Flamingos "I only have eyes for you."
Pretty darn dreamy.
I love that song and I don't care if the lights are on or off.

Kinda hard when one had all kinds of meters, dials, indicator and function lamps and those led power indicators. Some even have color organs.

I use am glad my main inputs have very limited lighting. Nearly unseen on the tt and the cdp well the lights can be dimmed or turned off. All that is left is the single lamps on the pre, power, cdp and tt. Darkness is good for listening.

I like my system because it only has a few LEDs aside from the counter on the player which I can dim.
If I listen in complete darkness I seem to get into a half sleep/half awake state and I am not really paying attention to the music. I do like to listen in low light though.

It's one less thing your senses has to deal with when you turn off the lights. I agree,music just sounds better in the dark.

At home I always listen in the dark (if it's dark out), with my eyes closed and my glasses off.

You don't need to turn up the levels as high, there are less distractions both visually and sonically late at night. Providing the kids aren't racing up and down the streets near buy or a heavy freight train isn't pulling a grade near by. In the winter it much quieter, I live near a fire station and in the summer time it seems they have over a 1/2 dozen calls a night. The best thing we ever did was pull out the old single pane windows and install Hurd Double pain gas filled windows, with exterior coatings. The only time we hear anything now is during a real hard westTexas thunder storm when its hailing with the pebbles striking the glass directly in the bed room or bath rooms. We don't hear garbage trucks, UPS trucks, kids riding motor cycles, and only a rare fire truck or ambulance. Train whistles are gone, heavy traffic noise is gone, foot ball stadium game noise is gone. Jets and helicopter noise is gone. People call me on the phone before they come over because most of the time I'm busy and don't hear the door bell or people knocking on the Gated doors. OH my hearing is better than most 30 year olds so that's not the issue.

Changing the windows cut the heating bill in half in the winter and allowed us to change to refrigerated air for the summer. Now thats some noise I would like to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom