Music Related Books

As previously posted, I finally pulled the trigger on this one. This title is pricey even for paperbacks, but this copy is in very good shape and the price was not out-a-sight;

The Last Balladeer - The Johnny Hartman Story by Gregg Akermann

IMG-20190103-145143.jpg

I just started Crate Digger, but so far so good. It's written album by album.

IMG_2773.JPG

Old Records Never Die was amazing. One of those "I can't put it down" books. I can't imagine trying to track down the very copy of something I've sold in the past.

IMG_2772.JPG

This one was written kind of awkwardly, but the stories are great. If your into early punk and post-punk. You'll love it.

IMG_2771.JPG

A good follow up to the previous post?

Shrill demented sparrows bark,
The sun into being. They rule
dawn's Kingdom. The cars-
a rising chorus- Then
workmen's songs & hammers
The children of the schoolyard,
a hundred high voices,
complete the orchestration

Jim Morrison

Well researched, well written new book out on guitars, amplifiers, inventors, musicians and history. (this copy goes back to the library Monday..)

5e42e638-bce8-40b2-878a-7e892054de31-original.jpg

As previously posted, I finally pulled the trigger on this one. This title is pricey even for paperbacks, but this copy is in very good shape and the price was not out-a-sight;

The Last Balladeer - The Johnny Hartman Story by Gregg Akermann

IMG-20190103-145143.jpg

A1fs4T-8xRL.jpg

got this for christmas, mainly a picture book but still a good read

Well researched, well written new book out on guitars, amplifiers, inventors, musicians and history. (this copy goes back to the library Monday..)

5e42e638-bce8-40b2-878a-7e892054de31-original.jpg

Those are three I'm definitely interested in. I didn't know about the Johnny Hartman book...

GJ

02Hajdu2-jumbo.jpg

SOPHISTICATED GIANT
The Life and Legacy of Dexter Gordon

By Maxine Gordon
Illustrated. 279 pp. University of California Press.
@poppachubby mentioned this one in the jazz playlist thread, so I nabbed it from my library on Saturday. I'm about 2/3 of the way through and can say any fan of Dex or this era of jazz should give it a read. I'm really digging it.

Plus, Dex was Lars Ulrich's godfather?! I had no idea, and I'm a fan of both.

Back
Top Bottom