Music Server with distributed audio

adw223

Can somebody please help. I have spent countless hours trying to find a system which will do what I require and is available in Europe. What I am looking to achieve is the following;

Install a music server which will hold all my music in its hard drive. (not a problem plenty to choose from)
The server will have a connection to the internet for online radio stations.
The server can be accessed from 4 to 8 different zones and each zone can play a different track at the same time.
In each zone you access the server via a wall mounted LCD Touchpanel which allows you to scrool through my collection and pick the track you want to listen to or connect to a radio station.

What I am looking for is very similar to what http://www.exceptionalinnovation.com/
lifeware system offers but I cant find it available in Europe. I contacted the company and got no response.
The system is going into a new house which will have a structed cabling system installed.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Hi, first post here....

What I personally have experience with is the slimdevices Slimserver (server side) + Squeezebox (client side device). (www.slimdevices.com). They will supply to/in Europe.

As for the multiple zones, I currently have 2 Squeezeboxes and think 8 should not be an issue. They can play all seperate music or be synchronized. With more Squeezeboxes running at the same time, you will need more processing power and memory in the server but it shouldn't be too bad.

A squeezebox does not have a wall-mounted panel but a screen inside the device and uses a remote control to pick music and playback options. Not sure of the amplification and speakers you will be using. Squeezbox has a volume control option through the remote so you can get away with just using powered speakers or a simple power amp with speakers. Others are going with full audiophile mods and change out the powersupply for increased quality.

The good thing is that going this route, you can have the convenience and quality.

Back
Top Bottom