Music swap!?!

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
On a similar audio related site I've seen where they've held colossal mix tape swaps. One person creates a mix tape, sends it to another member. They listen, comment on it, create their own and continue the process. Sometimes the tape makes it's way overseas and back. It sounds like a blast and an awesome surprise when suddenly you have a mystery mix tape in your mailbox that you weren't expecting.

Has AK ever attempted anything like this? How about a vinyl swap? Downside of vinyl swap would be that you're never going to see that particular album again, so maybe someone sends a duplicate copy of a good album.

Just wondering,
Joe

There was also a Vinyl "Pay It Forward" going around at one time.

I believe they started with a box of 10 or so LPs, sent it down the line, the recipient picked out a couple they had never heard, added some to the box and sent it down to the next person. I can't find the link to that, it might have been in Barter Town or a Subscriber area??

Searched AK using every search methodology I know to no avail and the freaking thread is looking me right in the face.

Does not look like it has been seeing much action.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/vinyl-swap-pay-it-forward.386518/

Another variation on the theme, best with cassette or minidisc, is that each recipient adds 2 or 3 tracks on a fixed theme or with a connection to previous, & mails to next. Doesn't have to be one tape/disc. All contributors can have a copy of the final list. The world your oyster.

There was also a Vinyl "Pay It Forward" going around at one time.

I believe they started with a box of 10 or so LPs, sent it down the line, the recipient picked out a couple they had never heard, added some to the box and sent it down to the next person. I can't find the link to that, it might have been in Barter Town or a Subscriber area??

Searched AK using every search methodology I know to no avail and the freaking thread is looking me right in the face.

Does not look like it has been seeing much action.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/vinyl-swap-pay-it-forward.386518/

What a great idea, adding to the box. I do like the fact of the receiver reviewing prior to sending it on.

Back
Top Bottom