1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Kneedeepinit, Sep 2, 2012.

1. cade12

cade12 Active Member

Do you have a link for where you got those adapters?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. cade12

cade12 Active Member

3. mikejr83

mikejr83 New Member

4. cade12

cade12 Active Member

5. kray

kray HE>i Subscriber

6. cade12

cade12 Active Member

7. mikejr83

mikejr83 New Member

So I started getting horrible noise in both my headphones and speakers. I have my power fed through a UPS with a 60hz sine wave conversion (for the computer PSU). I moved the power input around. To a separate outlet, etc. I figure it must be something on this circuit as all the outlets I tested were on the same breaker. I figured it had to be some ground loop or such because removing the inputs from the amp gave me a clean "normal tube hum". I verified this by taking another power cable and removing the ground pin.

So, we have a new house, like built in 2017 new. I'm not dealing with ancient wiring. Is there something I should be looking into to figure this out (I'd like to have the ground hooked up)? Is it possible that there is an outlet on the circuit that has common and neutral swapped? Obviously, ground getting in the wrong spot would be fairly obvious. Is it bad to have the ground plug removed on the amp?

8. RamblinE

RamblinE (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

Been hot this summer. Enjoying a quiet night blowing the dust off my MP301 MK3 now that it’s not super hot in my finished loft.

(LG V20 w/ Google Camera port).

E9473C45-2454-45FA-BF05-8DD9A53DDB6C.jpeg

Smitty43 likes this.
  9. Stefan Wood

Stefan Wood AK Subscriber Subscriber

Wondering if anyone picked up the newest version of this amp. There were some slight changes made. Of the many integrated amps I have listened to, the 301 tops them all. Love it with the KT77s.

10. mikejr83

mikejr83 New Member

I got mine back in early August so I believe it is the latest 2018 deluxe version. I've been really enjoying it. I've been running the KT88's on the power side and KENRAD 6SH7 on the preamp. I have a set of Shuguang 6J8P that I've tried for a bit. I prefer the KENRAD's. Really like the feel of the switches and the volume knob. The power button also feels very solid. I move a lot between two different inputs and from speakers and phones. The switches have felt like they've broken in some but I have faith that they'll stay nice for a good amount of time.

I recently started researching some new tubes to roll. I'm trying to find some that will fill out a little better on the bass. The combo that I have is bright. I've been thinking of the GL KT-77's and maybe the GL 12AX7's. IDK at the moment.

Overall very happy with the setup. Outside of needing new cans do to my 990's being low impedance I've been in audio bliss.

Stefan Wood likes this.
  11. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just ordered some RCA'S 5693s from Ebay for mine. So we will see how it sounds.

RamblinE likes this.

12. HiFiJeff

HiFiJeff Well-Known Member

I want to keep this thread going and hear some more opinions. A guy I know who builds TPA 3118 amps really thinks I would be happy with this set amp due to I have 97db efficient ZU Audio Speakers.

13. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

You could. It's just a different flavor.