Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

Relax and enjoy your amp. I do not think u are going to notice night and day differences. Enjoy it. If you want to try some new tubes, order them and live with them for awhile. You have a great amp there. Enjoy the music! If you find the perfect set of tubes, let us know!but above all, I'll say it again...Enjoy it!

@Juno Picking up on the fact that I can get a little OCD :D you're right I do tend to get over excited :p I'm just thinking about my experience with a yaqin MC 10L I had the Chinese tubes were OK but with Russian 6n1p-ev's and JJ el34's it sounded much better. I'm just anxious and excited about the new amp :p

I headed down the same road, my friend. ;-) decided I would rather enjoy it than spend a fortune on tubes! It can get overwhelming, but in the end, if you have good tubes to start with, you will find differences of nuance, not el34 changed my whole system! Also...if the amp sucks, a tube change won't help lol. I like the kt66

And I do very much like the amp in question. It's a great starting point.....or ending, as one sees fit.

It arrived a little while ago, and I haven't got a ton of listening in yet, it does have a very nice bottom end. I do think that my little Motorola with the EL84's had better defined mids, though the JAN 6SJ7Y GE's brought them into focus a little better but, I think I'm going to get a pair of EL34's and see if that helps any, and I might just need to break it in more too.

I was surprised to pick it up and feel the weight of it and the metal chassis seems very substantial. I like the fact that there's a headphone jack and that you have two inputs. Well I'm going to go back to listening :D

For those of you who are attracted to this amp, but have higher power requirements due to less efficient speakers, you can currently get the 25 wpc Psvane TS-66 (4x EL34, push-pull) for $400 including shipping from Grant Fidelity. Regular price is $750. It is a gorgeous, 30-some pounds of incredible-sounding amp, for an incredible price. Highly recommended. (I just bought the Shuguang version, which is now sold out).

This is not to detract from the MP-301. I considered buying one and I am sure it sounds fantastic. But for $100 more, the Shuguang/Psvane is a heck of a lot more amp.

Have not been here for a while. Let me give you some hints on tube rolling for the MP-301 MK3.

Gerneral speakering, 6L6, 5881 and KT66 have silimar sound. The mid is a bit thicker and warmer.
The EL34 has better clarity, bass response, and dynamic.

I would suggest the following tubes for upgrade.
Reissue Gold Lion KT66
NOS RCA, Raytheon, Sylvania 6L6G, 6L6GC, 6L6GB
NOS Mullard xf2 EL34
Winged-C EL34

RCA 6SJ7 Preamp tubes.

It arrived a little while ago, and I haven't got a ton of listening in yet, it does have a very nice bottom end. I do think that my little Motorola with the EL84's had better defined mids, though the JAN 6SJ7Y GE's brought them into focus a little better but, I think I'm going to get a pair of EL34's and see if that helps any, and I might just need to break it in more too.

I was surprised to pick it up and feel the weight of it and the metal chassis seems very substantial. I like the fact that there's a headphone jack and that you have two inputs. Well I'm going to go back to listening :D

Last edited:
If you compare the components inside between the MP-301 MK3 and the TS-66, you would notice big differences in the component grade and quality. The TS-66 doesn't even mention the components' grade in their specs sheet. The price could be dropped from $750 to $400 tells the truth. Anyway, everyone has their own choice. Do more research and be smart!

For those of you who are attracted to this amp, but have higher power requirements due to less efficient speakers, you can currently get the 25 wpc Psvane TS-66 (4x EL34, push-pull) for $400 including shipping from Grant Fidelity. Regular price is $750. It is a gorgeous, 30-some pounds of incredible-sounding amp, for an incredible price. Highly recommended. (I just bought the Shuguang version, which is now sold out).

This is not to detract from the MP-301. I considered buying one and I am sure it sounds fantastic. But for $100 more, the Shuguang/Psvane is a heck of a lot more amp.

i just bought this amp, i noticed that there is no 4 or 8 OHM speaker connector. There is only one set of connector for speakers. Does it matter if you have 4 or 8 ohm speaker?

IM NEW TO THE SINGLE ENDED TUBE..IF I REALLY LIKE THIS I MIGHT LET MY YAQIN MC10-L GO....hint!!

thanks,

I bought some JJ EL34's and the Mid range has improved a lot! I'm going to do more listening before coming to any conclusions.

If you compare the components inside between the MP-301 MK3 and the TS-66, you would notice big differences in the component grade and quality. The TS-66 doesn't even mention the components' grade in their specs sheet. The price could be dropped from $750 to $400 tells the truth. Anyway, everyone has their own choice. Do more research and be smart!

I sense a bit of Edmonton-Calgary rivalry here. :) (I used to be an Edmontonian myself).

Anyway, I am overjoyed with my decision, as I am sure owners of the MP-301 are. I don't think anyone can go wrong buying any of these amps.

BTW, the price was dropped to liquidate all the amps, because Mr. Grant got cancer and he was ordered by his doctor not to lift all the heavy stuff, not because the amps are low quality.

Well after more listening and switching back and forth to my other amp, I've noticed how much bass I've lost with the EL34's :p anyone tried the EL34L's? supposedly they have the mids of an EL34 but the bass of a 6L6 GC. Thoughts?

Well after more listening and switching back and forth to my other amp, I've noticed how much bass I've lost with the EL34's :p anyone tried the EL34L's? supposedly they have the mids of an EL34 but the bass of a 6L6 GC. Thoughts?

It should be the JJ EL34 issue. The Shuguang EL34B has lots of bass. The bass is even better than the 6L6GC.

i just bought this amp, i noticed that there is no 4 or 8 OHM speaker connector. There is only one set of connector for speakers. Does it matter if you have 4 or 8 ohm speaker?

IM NEW TO THE SINGLE ENDED TUBE..IF I REALLY LIKE THIS I MIGHT LET MY YAQIN MC10-L GO....hint!!

thanks,

Doesn't matter. It supports 4 to 8ohms speakers.

The price could be dropped from $750 to $400 tells the truth. Anyway, everyone has their own choice. Do more research and be smart!
Very uncool from a vendor commenting on another's product.
Very, very uncool.

I knew the bad news Mr. Grant got cancer. I joined the Edmonton Black Hat Desperaudios group donation to raise some fund for Mr. Grant. I hope his health is getting better now after treatment.

"Very uncool?"
I just want to tell the objective differences according to the internal pictures and specs. No offence, no subjective sound quality here. For example, the TS66 uses Chinese resistors. The MP-301 MK3 uses US made military grade resistors. MP-301 MK3 uses high grade M6/Z11 EI core transformers. TS66 does not mention this at all. Most of Chinese import amps use low grade 0.5mm thick white or black core. Users have the right to know. I just want users do more research and learn. Sound quality is subject. The TS66 may sound better than the MP-301. I am not the judge here. Users' ears will tell us.

Last edited:
just got my MP301 MK3

Just got my MP301 MK3 yesterday. I had the RCA pre's, man! this thing is no slouch!!!..it took out my Yaqin MC-10L out of the rotation. Now its a backup!!..I should've bought this instead of the Yaqin!!..something about this Single Ended tube amps, i just cant get enought of!..the sound of my vinyls are MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!

SOUNDSTAGE IS VERY NICE, I ordered a matched Genalex KT66 that came the same day, but i will wait until the 6L6GC's have some hours on them...they sound so sweet btw!!!..

GOOD JOB MP!!!:thmbsp::thmbsp:

-Cris

"Very uncool?"
I just want to tell the objective differences according to the internal pictures and specs.

That's not what I quoted and I would not have mentioned it if you had done that.
You said his amp is overpriced and that's what I quoted.
And that is very uncool.

Apparently, perhaps it is/was overpriced. I don't see how factual demonstration of better parts equals "uncool" Maybe it had a huge markup. Apparently it did. Besides, who is in the "cool" contest these days? That's a pretty subjective term anyway....LOL.

Last edited:
GL KT66, RCA 6SJ7 pre's

all i can say WOW!!!:banana::banana:..I put this GLKT66 last night and the amp sounds way better..wider soundstage!!..The 6L6GC is very good, but this tube is better plus it looks cool!!!!!

I think this is the best tube set up , at least so far for me...Im sorry Yaqin MC10L, your a backup now..

photo (2).JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom