Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

can MP301-mk3 bridged to monoblocks???

i have a question. can this amp be bridged as a monoblock???? i dont know if it was brought up before. :scratch2:

Supposedly not, I've emailed the owner of musical paradise and asked the same question and he said no.

Noob here... Looking at a MP- 301... I'd like some nice bookshelf speakers. What specs should I be looking for that would complement the MP-301?!

Thanks for the help!

Bookshelf speakers with greater than 87db efficiency are recommended. Some smaller bookshelf speakers with 87db still work.

For low budget and nice sounding new speakers, I would recommend the followings:

Infinity Primus P163
PSB Alpha B1

has anyone tried using the 807 tube with 6L6 adapters on this amp?? I'm on the fence on this one..i would like to know how the sound is vs 6L6??

The RCA 807 are excellent sounding tubes and quite affordable. We haven't tried that adapter yet. You could be the volunteer to test it first.:thmbsp:

..hmmm, are they similar in the way? will it void the warranty? the 807 is not listed on the substitute for 6L6..

..hmmm, are they similar in the way? will it void the warranty? the 807 is not listed on the substitute for 6L6..

I am going to order the adapter and 807 tubes to do the test by myself. I will post the result here next week.

ef86 adapter

Hi I have seen there is also adapters available to run an ef86 in place of the 6SJ7, I did a little bit of reading and it looks like they are similar electronically to the 6SJ7 but I am a little new to the tube scene.. Any thoughts?
I thought of trying it cause a good friend of mine has a pair of vintage valvo ef86
cheers
Garth

Has anyone here listened to both the first version and the current version of the mp-301? I currently have the original and use it with tekton design 4.1 speakers and headphones. I have recently had some issues with tunes getting noisy when listening to headphones. I was considering upgrading amps and am wondering if the updated version is for me or if I should look elsewhere.

anyone drop kt88's in this yet? I am loving it with the stock tubes... got some NOS rca's but quite prefer the ones that came with it with the el34b's.

Now if I can get a bigger stage, and add a bit more bass, I'll feel like it's perfect!

I have been going back and forth between kt66, kt77, and the kt88 and don't have the money to start throwing at tubes so want to start with a little bit of advice.

Has anyone here listened to both the first version and the current version of the mp-301? I currently have the original and use it with tekton design 4.1 speakers and headphones. I have recently had some issues with tunes getting noisy when listening to headphones. I was considering upgrading amps and am wondering if the updated version is for me or if I should look elsewhere.

The first version of the MP-301 should be very quiet when using with headphones. Please use 6au6 and 6v6 tubes.

The first version of the MP-301 should be very quiet when using with headphones. Please use 6au6 and 6v6 tubes.

That I am. I still get noise with Grado headphones.

How does the newer versions compare when driving speakers? I think I'm just going to put my main headphone amp in a smaller enclosure so it can sit on my desk.

Tested the 807-to-6L6 adapter and RCA 807 tubes with the MP-301 MK3. Works perfectly.
I have an amp designed for the 6L6 tube, and at one point I got adapters so I could use it with the 807 tube. The adapters were $50 for the pair off eBay.

To me, the 807 tube is much better than the curent production 6L6s I tried, and better than a pair of GE old stock. And the 807s are very inexpensive and extremely durable. NOS RCAs for example were less than $30 delivered, but that was about 5 years ago so it may have changed.

IOW - If you're looking to roll some good tubes in the MP-301 or any 6L6 amp, the 807 might be a good place to look.

I have an amp designed for the 6L6 tube, and at one point I got adapters so I could use it with the 807 tube. The adapters were $50 for the pair off eBay.

To me, the 807 tube is much better than the curent production 6L6s I tried, and better than a pair of GE old stock. And the 807s are very inexpensive and extremely durable. NOS RCAs for example were less than $30 delivered, but that was about 5 years ago so it may have changed.

IOW - If you're looking to roll some good tubes in the MP-301 or any 6L6 amp, the 807 might be a good place to look.

WOW, im going to try these...

Nos rca 807, wow!!!

Wow!!! I just got the tubes, and the adapters (807-6L6). This thing sounds nice, for me it sounds better than the NOS RCA black plates 6L6GC's. The vocals on the album are more forward and overall warmer sound, it sounded "LIVE". For me, its a toss between the KT66 and the 807's. So far, so good!! 807 rocks!!!

Last edited:
Ha ha, glad you like them.
I'm not sure if it's because of something inherent in the 807 or if it's jut that the good ol' RCA tubes were built better or what, but I always thought you certainly get your money's worth with the NOS 807s. There are several types a swell, I have 807Ws which are shorter tubes, supposedly so that they would be less susceptible to mocrophonics and/or noise.

Attachments

• 807w.jpg
    807w.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom