Musical Paradise MP501 comprehensive review

I noticed you have the kef ls50s. Can the mp501s drive the ls50s to your liking? And how does it compare to prrimare i30?

Hi, sorry I don't have the MP501 anymore. I sold it quite some time ago because I wanted to go back to solid state for the convenience.

If I ever have a chance to hear the MP501 on the LS50s I'll let you know what I think.

What kind of SPL can I expect from this unit? I'm new to tubes but do like the sound and shear volume I get from a 400 watt SS amp. Does 55 watts produce concert hall levels or do I need to be looking for even more power?
Seriously I don't think tube amps are for you . Some old time 200 watt Audio Research mono blocks maybe but if you need 122 decibels and more to enjoy music I'd say deafness is on your horizon very soon or might be why you need 400 watts solid state amps now . Get your hearing checked mate .

I'm considering this amp based upon the other MP gear I have;
MP-701, MP-P2, and the MP-D2. Yes, big MP fanboy. V-Cap Odams in everything. I'm sure this amp would complete the set nicely. Bypassing the integrated preamp is the seller for me, plus all Garry's gear is a super value proposition. Driving 1979 99db Frazier Sevens.

Cheers, Paul

Back
Top Bottom