mx-110 vs c-28

Ballvalve

What are some of the differences i can expect to hear going from a c-28 to a mx-110? I will be using it with my mc-250 untill i am able to get a tube amp. Hope its a nice adventure. :)

The MX110 will sound very good with a MC250, smoother and more musical, an updated MX110 is a joy to listen to, not saying the C28 is bad but I think a 110 is better.... and the tuner will supprise you.

Just received back my MX-110 from Audio Classics which got the Modaferri
upgrade. I was intending on pairing it with my MC-2255 which unfortunately due to a shipping screw-up was sent back to AC so I will just have to wait a little longer. My speakers are Regnar rebuilt DQ-10s which I assumed needed the 250WPC that the solid state McIntosh puts out. Since I am already bi-amping the DQ-W1 bass module, I am wondering if I should be thinking about trading the MC-2255 for a MC-240 or MC-275? MX-110 maybe at it's best with a tube amp? Have also read somewhere that both Jon Dahlquist and Sol Marantz used tube amps with their DQ-10's.

Having a C28, MX110 and a MC250 for some years, I can tell you the C28 and 250 are really great when both are in spec. This was my main system for years. Sub the 110 and you'll find it hard to go back to the 28 unless you are not a tube person, you need flexibility or you want a slighly better bass at the cost of the upper midrange. Also, it will change the soundstage going between these so some speaker adjustments are needed to help to get the best out of each.

Back
Top Bottom