MX Choice for the $'s

ChrisCPA

I'm using a C28 and MC215 currently. In the near future, I plan on going with a Mc A/V. The $7K for the MX135 is going to be out of my budget.

Looks like the market price for a used (or demo) MX 134 is going to run around $3K. For the $4K in saving, am I lossing a lot? I'll only use 5.1 speakers. Would the MX132 be a good purchase if I'm using 5.1 only. I do use my system for multiroom speakers (using the SCR-2 right now). Do the MX134 and 132 have multiroom options?

Love the Mc products and will always used them - even if it will always have to be purchased on the secondary market.

Both the MX132 and MX134 have a separate stereo B-zone which is analog only and controlled by an external keypad or sensor in the remote location.

The MX119 has all of the performance of the MX135 but 8 inputs instead of 12. Both of these will allow control of the B-zone (analog again) from the front panel. This is a new MX feature.

Ron-C

Mx119

I like my MX132, but the MX119 is really nice and I would like to get one in the next year. I am also currently using a MC7205 but I will be upgrading to the very cool MC207 as soon as I can. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
ChrisCPA -- Welcome to the forum!

ChrisCPA -- Welcome to the forum!

If the MX135 is out of your budget, then the MX132 should difinitely be a bargain! I bought one new several years ago, then watched the MX134 arrive at CES the following year. I personally don't need the additional video features to consider upgrading it & may just keep this pre/pro until I depart the planet. :wave:

Please keep us posted on your decision...

Back
Top Bottom