mx110 help needed

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
hope this is not to big of a problem but i turned on my mx110 today and the mpx light is not working.the tuner still plays in stereo but no mpx light? i cant dig into it right now but is the light bulb a standard type or is it a special one.hopefully its just dead and if not where would i start to look for the problem if there is one.i see on the chassis there is a mpx light adjustment perhaps if the bulb is not dead should i try adjusting this and if i do will it affect anything else except the sensitivity at which the light comes on ?
any help would be greatly appreciated .
chris

See if you can find the driver transistor for that bulb(if the bulb is good but does not work).

Maybe Terry will comment here on this.

Ron

Bulb is a #47 (common rat shack), to test the bulb watch it when you turn the 110 on from cold start the bulb should light up till the tubes warm up, if it doesn't it is a good bet the bulb is bad. If it does but goes off and stays off the 6U8 triode section in the demux has given up, if your 110 has the threshold adjustment you can adjust it till the lamp flickers when between stations.

thanks for the info and help guys.i imagine(hoping )the bulb is burnt or mabe just a bad connection as it was functioning right(flickering between station)and a steady bright red when tuned into a station and now nothing.i'll be taking it apart tommorow and investigate it further then.
chris

Back
Top Bottom