MX114 balance pot

calman46

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I want to by pass the balance pot . The signal is even going into the pot but not coming out . I have chased this for a few years off and on and learning all the way . I now have a rebuilt MX114. I was going to disconnect the wires at pot taps for each channel and connect them. But the signal wire going into the pot is also connect to a 270k resistor to ground . My way I would be connecting the wiper lead to this 270k res. also ….. I need to leave the pot in unit for now as its a ground path for other connections. What would be the best way to do this ,thanks 20181004_174310.jpg

This may sound crazy but have you called Gail at McIntosh parts? Maybe they have a replacement. I got a factory Input selector switch from her for 12 bucks. Just a thought and I love my 114 .....

I did called Gail a few years back for a volume pot . I got one in the end I had to mod from them. I got the impression that who ever was working on my request didn't know or have the info needed for the MX114 . I'm looking at one from digikey now. I did by pass the original pot . I left the 270k ground connection on the old pot. Sounds great and the imaging is spot on .

Back
Top Bottom