MX134 & MC206

John N

I have been reading this forum for sometime, however I just joined and this is my virgin post!

I would like to hear some comments/thoughts/opinions on the above equipment. I have just recently purchased the above and after listening and reviewing several different manufactures, I could not believe the audio and video quality.

Does anyone have any pros and cons on these units?

Welcome to the forum!

John N: Welcome to the forum. I have the MX132 & MC206. I love them both. I'm not sure I even want to upgrade to the MX134 or 135. I just turned in both units (warranty) to replace a couple of lamps. I miss them.

So tell us, why did you decide on the MX134 instead of the 135?

Thanks MWP!

The answer to that question is a simple one. Price and inputs! I got good price on the 134 and I did not see much of an advantage to the additional inputs that the 135 offers..

You asked, so now I'm curious. Why have you not upgraded? Also, I have not used audio cables between the 134 and 206 (I plan to just have not had a chance to get to the store), just the 25 pin cable. What cables do you use?

I like "the looks" of the MX132 better

According to our pals at Mac (at the time I purchased the MX132) the only major difference was the component inputs on the MX134. Wasn't the tuner "optional" in the MX134? I'll probably never upgrade beyond 5.1 preferring another stereo set-up like Mac's first hybrid ss/tube receiver.

The DB25 cable is so much cleaner to use. I originally used more expensive audio interconnects & to be honest, couldn't hear an advantage to keep them after using the DB25 cable.

If I may ask, what "source" equipment are you using?

I also picked up the MPV861, I wanted to play SACD's. I figured I would go Mac all the way around in the room! I looked/listen/researched several universals and although pricey, I found nothing that truely compared to both audio and video of this unit.

For speakers I have the Studio Series by Paradigm. I'm a Paradigm fan and the Mac / Paradigm combination is awesome! The detail is the best I have heard.

If I may ask, what are you using... I'm curious of what others are using (source and speakers).

Just played a "super bit" movie and heard things that I have never heard before!

You have a very nice setup. Mine is almost...like it. I have the MX134, the MVP861, but instead of the 205, I have a 7270 for the front L&R and a bridged 7106 for the center, LS&RS. I formerly owned a C39...hence the 7106.

I had a MLD 7020 up to today. I believe I have sold it to a gentleman with an extensive laser disk collection. I also have a MCD7008 changer that I am in the process of rendering surplus with my wireless media server..(The OTHER MACintosh with a dedicated hard drive and their Airport Express wireless router...)

I have the MX119 and the MC252 and the MC206. I had the MX134 but had so many problems with it, I finally traded for the MX119. My source is the MVP851. Sounds wonderful.

I listen to 2 channel 98% of the time. I felt I was missing in this area alittle bit before I got the MC252. Ran Balanced outputs from the MVP to the balanced inputs of the MX119. Then Balanced outputs from the MX119 to the fronts through the MC252. My fronts are the Klipsch La scalas with the ALK networks. With the above addition, I noticed a big difference. However, 5.1 surround didn't realy change much.

jc

Back
Top Bottom