My 1060 Over heating

we call them "alligator clips" over here but grabber probes work even better for stuff like that

like these:

http://www.techni-tool.com/458TE244...hhI7GJhJvfJLBne3-dkhbSU2AxRXy7NxoCDSEQAvD_BwE

if you are a retro grouch like me and have an old Simpson or Triplett meter with the weird shielded bananas that allow you to use the DMM type probes that everyone else uses I did find some adapters for those but the part numbers might take me some searching.
Totally agree, crocodile clips have ruined many amps!

Well got fed up of waiting for aligator clips to be delivered, thought Id have a go with probes to set amplifier bios voltage. Used tie raps to hold probes in place, bit dodgy I know, but it worked.
All heat problems solved and believe me, what a differance in the sound, best I could achieve was 7.2mv, but it sounds great. Thanks to all of you, Im learning.

20170922_165809.jpg 20170922_165718.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup: I assume you mean 7.2 mV

Well got fed up of waiting for aligator clips to be delivered, thought Id have a go with probes to set amplifier bios voltage. Used tie raps to hold probes in place, bit dodgy I know, but it worked.
All heat problems solved and believe me, what a differance in the sound, best I could achieve was 7.2volts, but it sounds great. Thanks to all of you, Im learning.

View attachment 1009947 View attachment 1009948

Back
Top Bottom