My 1980's system

vendo81

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Here was my stereo system when I was a spoiled kid growing up in Santa Barbara. This was taken in about 1981. Still have the 2 Threshold amplifiers as well as the Revox and mcIntosh tuners. I should have kept the Electro reasearch preamp and the McIntosh performance indicator. I sold the Infinity RS 4.5's a couple years ago. It was a great sounding system.

Attachments

• stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 289
Nice. I see you had the top-of-the line Nak cassette deck.

I thought that looked like a studer?

Man that is a cool system for the time. I would have been 1 around that time. Anyone that had a system even comparable to that would have been big pimpin for sure.

I thought that looked like a studer?

Man that is a cool system for the time. I would have been 1 around that time. Anyone that had a system even comparable to that would have been big pimpin for sure.

Or did you mean the one on the left of the pic:.(just noticed it):D

Thanks for the comments. Most of this system was what I picked out for my 21st B'day, and I changed a couple items over the next 2 or 3 years. I had a nice tube system before I received all that solid state stuff. I have kept the tube stuff all these years, and now I have gone back to listening to tube audio. :scratch2:
My Dad always listened to tube equipment.

Back
Top Bottom