My 2252 has Arrived !

mrgates3

Road to Ruin
After much worry and sometimes lost sleep , it arrived today safely and un damaged . Marantz put Dynamite into a small package . I was not quite prepared for the size of the transformer , maybe its the small cabinet but it looks huge for a 52 watt per channel receiver . I hear things with the Marantz
that are not as clear with the Sherwood . Anyway Im very happy with this
Receiver :banana: A took a few shots of it on top of the Sherwood for size comparison .

Attachments

• Marantz 2252 002_800x533.jpg
    Marantz 2252 002_800x533.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Marantz 2252 001_800x533.jpg
    Marantz 2252 001_800x533.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Marantz 2252 004_800x533.jpg
    Marantz 2252 004_800x533.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 96
Amazing how similar the Marantz and Sherwood displays are.:yes:

I never noticed it, until now.

Very nice! And it looks super clean!

Last night I was listening to Allman Brothers "The Fillmore Concerts" on my 2245, and you are correct, you can hear details that you wouldn't ordinarily hear on most amplifiers. Of course, the speakers play a role, but the Marantz definitely has its own "sound".

Enjoy!!

Mr.Gates,

Small world, I am really enjoying my latest purchase from you, the lights worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

MarSanZ

MarSanZ welcome to Audio Karma :yes: THE BEST place for anything vintage audio I have ever found:thmbsp:

I think I may have turned my son from the Ipod BPC Dark Side :thmbsp:
The last few nights , he has slept on the couch so he can fall asleep listening to the 2252 through Headphones . At his age I was doing the same thing
but I had a MCS 3835 Intergrated Amp . After you start falling asleep that way , its very hard to break the habit . But as habits go , this one is OK :yes:

Looks like you got a winner. Reminds me of my 2238. Am curious as to what speakers you are driving with it?

I also have a 2252, Had it re-capped. Beautiful sound.
I am not very happy with its tuner though, it works beautifully but it a much simplified unit than the 2250B.
The power amp part is very much similiar to the 2250B but with only 1 heatsink.
I believe the 2252 is a economical version of the 2250B.

Just received my 2252!!

Hey All,

I just received my first 2252 yesterday, boy is this thing mint! Not a scratch on it. The seller actually shipped it without wrapping it in plastic, so I had millions of pieces of styrofoam on the inside!!! Unbelievable, it took me over 30 minutes to clean this thing out and then it took about 20 or so minutes for the static electricity to let go of it's grip so she would play without static noises.

She is now playing hassle free! I replaced the lights with those cool blue ones and they look amazing.

Another addition to the family.

Well after 4 months , the Marantz is still my Favorite :yes: The great looks and sound are the main thing , but it also fits inside my Glass front rack .
The sherwood had to sit on top , but I love it to . As for my Son , he still turns it on every nite to fall asleep with . I just wish he would turn it off sometime during the night , Im to old to be tripping over dogs and pillows
trying to turn off my gear :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom