My android KODI box finally bit it after 4 years

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by 3db, Aug 13, 2018.

1. 3db

3db Active Member

I ordered this as its replacement;

Amlogic S912 Octa Core A53 Processor 64 Bits
    with 3GB DDR3 RAM 32GB ROM

[​IMG]

Please register to disable this ad.

2. olderroust

olderroust AK Member

why not get the nvidia shield tv?

I say that despite owning a minix kodi box - bought when the shield TV wasn't available to buy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

i run kodi from my computer pc, I use a HTPC for movies , netflix , kodi.....Been good for 10 years now!

4. david1111

david1111 Active Member

I'm with olderroust. I got an octacore unit from Amazon, and it wasn't any better than the quadcore. So I returned it and ordered a nvidia shield, and it was a big improvement.

@The Fuxtor
    Thats very interesting. I' ll have to look into it.
    Thanks.

5. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I also run Kodi from an old laptop. Bought the laptop in 2009 because I needed a new one, and this particularly one (and HP), had HDMI out and a remote. In 2014 it started to have issues and was not keeping up with newer games I wanted to play. Rather than toss it, I converted it to an HTPC and was thrilled to find that the remote it came with worked with Kodi. I can use the remote to turn it on and off, navigate menus, etc. (Because it was a Windows PC, I could also use it to turn the x-box on by accident). It has been working well as a component in my system ever since.

6. gadget73

gadget73 junk junkie Subscriber

My HTPC is a retired i3 based machine from work that has an HDMI out. I'm anxiously waiting when they replace the current ones. They're a teeny little machine that has an HDMI out, perfect for HTPC use.

Please register to disable this ad.