My apartment system

guest121

Here's an overview of the business end of my living room.
IMG_0382.jpg

• PMC Twenty5.23 speakers in walnut finish
  • PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC pre
  • Unnu Model210 Large with black fabric door for storage
  • iPad Air serving as Roon remote
The messy inside of the Unnu
IMG_0377.jpg
  • PS Audio S300 power amp
  • SOtM sMS-200Ultra streamer with sPS-500 power supply
  • Intel i5 NUC serving as Roon Core. Local FLAC files are stored on a Synology NAS. Streaming service is Tidal.
Back of the PMC. No bass reflex port here, so it's easy to place.
IMG_0375.jpg

From the sweetspot
IMG_0385.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the simplicity and clean setup, bet it sounds amazing too! Well done! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

When I moved a few years ago, I commited to de-cluttering everything. It was hard at first, but after a while you get into a routine. Buying a Roomba also helped, because it needs the floors to be clear. :)

You have a nice, clean, minimalist setup, SeventyNine. I love the fact that you can control it via a tablet. Question: Can you pick me up at the airport in Oslo? :biggrin:

You have a nice, clean, minimalist setup, SeventyNine. I love the fact that you can control it via a tablet. Question: Can you pick me up at the airport in Oslo? :biggrin:

I'd love to, but Oslo is a good 24 hour drive away from me. I'm in the frozen north. :)

The cool thing about Roon, is that it allows me to run a "Now Playing" display on the iPad while I control the playback from either my Surface Pro or phone. I usually have the laptop on anyway when listening to music, so having a separate "Now Playing" display is handy. My iPad only runs Roon, so it hardly uses any battery at all.

IMG_0386.jpg

I love the look of what you have, I really would like to get to the point of having a few high quality components. It looks like a place you would want to spend time in. Very nicely done.

I love the look of what you have, I really would like to get to the point of having a few high quality components. It looks like a place you would want to spend time in. Very nicely done.

This is system actually has the highest number of components of any system I've owned. The streaming solution alone is 3 boxes! I'm really happy with the way it sounds, but I'd like to cut down on the number of boxes without being stuck with outdated tech in an integrated solution. That's not an easy thing to do if you don't want to be locked in to an ecosystem like Naim and Electrocompaniet.

This is a clean, thoughtful setup. I run a Raspberry Pi server into an Audio GD DAC, and I'm very curious about roon.

Back
Top Bottom