My Audio Journey

Swapped in the Pro Audio Ace Bass B2-50 subwoofer that I picked up today into the system. After a bit of tinkering with crossover settings and line level, it blends nicely with the Cornwall's. Now to find a grill for it...
56e6f8ab51b32f97183af9bb3ac362d2.jpg

Last edited:
Yet another change in the Squires home. Just picked a gorgeous pair of Tannoy 15in Golds in custom cabinets with rebuilt crossovers. This combo is the best sound I have heard yet!
c3393659de71c5c40700e3a777affe8f.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!! Those Tannoys look like amazing speakers. I'd love to hear them.

I enjoyed this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Nice choice in those Tannoys. I've heard a couple pairs and always enjoyed what I heard. I'm not surprised you like that combo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What happened to the Cornwalls? I have always read positive reviews and/or posts. I have never auditioned Klipsch or Tannoy speakers. Please give us your thoughts and impressions on both Klipsch and Tannoy, and is the soundstage that much different between both.

I have been very thoroughly enjoying this heavenly combo, especially with today's addition of a pair of Virtual Dynamic David 2.0 speaker cables...absolutely stunning detail, lush mids and an unbelievable low end...I really think I have found my keeper system for quite a long time. The only thing I am looking to do now is add an upper end SACD unit to the system.
As for comparison with the Cornwalls, I would have to say that hands down, the Tannoy's have them bested on all levels; lows, mids, and highs. The soundstage seems much larger, more realistic, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong though, I did very much enjoy the Cornwall's but the Tannoy's have found a special place in my heart!

Well, yes and no. I have dismantled the main system for now. The Grado cartridge is a couple months out from getting it back from Soundsmith. The Tannoys and Fisher went to my good friend, Scott so I am ampless in the listening room for the time being. I do have my FU32 tube amp and MusicHall DAC25.2 tube DAC along with a pair of Tekton 8.1T monitors finished in exotic Bubinga and the Ace Bass B2-50 subwoofer set up in my office at home. At work, I have set up in my office, a Musical Paradise MP-301 MKIII tube amp along with my Sonos Connect, Fostex FE103-SOL 50th Anniversary full range speakers, and a Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ subwoofer for my listening pleasure since I spend a good 8-10 hours there.
So, regrettably I don't have my main system to listen to but I do have two very good smaller systems to keep me company in the places I spend the most time.
I am planning on putting something back together once I get my Grado cartridge back for my vinyl listening. Thanks for checking in :)

Cheers,
Jared

Last edited:
The 8.1Ts are nice speakers -- overall good sound and impressive bass response for their size. 'Tis a shame that Tekton discontinued that model. I guess there was more interest in their larger floor-standing models.

Jared... Are you and my brother related? The two of you go through speakers like they're going out of style! LOL

It's definitely fun being able to go through this journey with you via this thread. And I see you're still using those telegraph cable insulators with your speaker cables. I wonder who you got that idea from... :scratch2: :D :thmbsp:

I very well could be :D I do get bored of gear from time to time and like to change things up. I am currently not using the insulators as my main system is not put together but I did use them for quite a while. It is an awesome idea and cheap!

Sadly, not really any updates. I have dismantled the main system at home and will be saying farewell to my JVC TT the end of this month. I have sort of updated my study area a bit and my office at work. I will get some pics up later this afternoon. I plan on putting together another main system next year but in the mean time, I have a nice system in the places I spend the most time: work and my study.

They're all very nice.

My favorites are:

- Version 1: simple and compact
- Version 7: Beautiful and nicely arranged. Bet it sounded great too.
- Version 13: Back to compact and simple again!

Back
Top Bottom