My babies are in the shop...

AJXD

Both my 2330B and my 1030 are with the doctor... :tears:

But, my Marantz repair is a great fella (also an AKer) who set me up to borrow one of his while I waited. Told me it'd be a while, because his bench was full of repairs already.

So I brought home a 2275!! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I like it... for one of the 'black' faced ones... Great sound. Now I see why they are going for over $400 on eBay :jawdrop:

EDIT:

Also, you know the older amps that have the greenish tint instead of blue... people usually say from smokers? How does one get rid of that again?

I'll second that opinion. My 2275 is silver-faced, not black faced, but I have to agree that the 2275 sure does sound nice, in any color! It's been replacing my 2285B lately as my daily listener (just because it's newer --for me), and I've been enjoying it.

Nice to hear your "babies" are being well looked-after. Enjoy the 2275, until they come back home. :music: :thmbsp:

The green tint is from old and yellowed vellum behind the tuner display. Gets that way from age.

I went to Staples & bought some vellum & some double-sided scotch tape. Removed the old, & used an x-acto knife to cut the new, with the old acting as a template. The lamp color went from aqua back to the original blue. This was on a 2235B.

Back
Top Bottom