My Baby Girl and I need your positive thoughts

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by dosmalo, Feb 4, 2017.

1. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

And, if you believe in prayers, throw one of those up for her also.
    A month or so ago I noticed that she was limping a little on her right paw so I did an inspection and noticed her middle, right paw pad was quite a bit swollen and also appeared to have a raw spot so I took her to the vet and his initial diagnosis was perhaps "some sort of autoimmune disorder."
    I asked for a full CBC which came back good but the autoimmune thing (Addison's, Lupus, etc) scared the hell out of me. The vet put her on a very high dosage of 60mg/day of prednisone with a 2 week taper down and even though the swelling went down the ulceration did not heal up so back to the vet we went.
    This time he put her under a general anesthesia and did some exploratory surgery with xrays to see if perhaps there was something stuck up inside the paw pad.
    When my wife and I picked her up the vet said he had found a tumor in the pad and had taken a biopsy to send off for evaluation and interpretation.
    The result came back Thursday and the tumor is a rare form of cancer known as Eccrine Carcinoma.
    Luckily it is a slow growing form of cancer and I believe we'll be able to have it removed and hopefully it hasn't metastasized.
    Like a lot of people, I'm closer to my "girls" than I am to people. I eat, sleep and play with them and they are a big part of my "life-line" and keep me grounded. Especially this one - she's a "Daddy Girl" and even eats off my fork during dinner.
    She's also a veteran of my La Scala road trip to Columbia, MO.
    here:
    Klipsch La Scalas and the road trip

I'm fairly used to dealing with adversity but this is very worrisome and has consumed me.
    I don't do FB, I don't "tweet" so AK is the only social media I have and we're really needing some positive waves for this. WP_20160610_08_48_23_Pro.jpg WP_20160920_14_49_46_Pro.jpg

We have an appointment Monday to schedule the removal surgery.

2. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Thank you for sharing your concerns with our community, I hope that this will ease your emotional pain a bit. There is a guy in the Black Forest - far away across the pond - keeping his fingers crossed for a happy ending!!!

I would really like to hug this doggie buddy!

3. jeanmarie

jeanmarie AK Subscriber Subscriber

I know how you fell my dogs are my life. They are members of the family. I have spent thousands of dollars on my dogs to keep them healthy and going and I have lost one to cancer as well. You and your girls are in our prayers for sure. Keep us posted as to the results. God Bless.

Pio1980, MarZutra and dosmalo like this.
  4. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

She's a beautiful dog and here's hoping everything goes well for her on Monday.

Pio1980 and dosmalo like this.
  5. Ilikevinyl

Ilikevinyl Cool Breeze Subscriber

She's a cutie! :thumbsup: Sending out a prayer for successful surgery and recovery!

6. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

Fabulous dogs. Used to volunteer with the SPCA doing rescues and such. The sooner the better for treatments/surgery.
    My sister adopted a dog from on a vacation to Cuba. This little dog kept following her around so she spent the next week going back and forth to vets and government officials to get the adoption procedure finished. She ended up coming home with this dog and it was found to have numerous Caribbean parasites that the vets here in Canada have never seen or dealt with before. After curing that, they found that it had a rare form of cancer that apparently was extremely contagious. The little dog went through a battery of chemo and meds. Today the cancer, so they say, is totally clear.... That was perhaps three years ago.
    My thoughts and prayers - yes I'm a "Religious Fundamentalist" - are with your little girl and your family... Good luck with everything...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  7. Christian B

Christian B AK Subscriber Subscriber

Positive waves are on the way for your sweet pooch.

8. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

Positive thoughts from Texas, hope everything goes well.

9. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

What a sweetie dog you have! Much positive thoughts from the north! I hope all goes well and your baby girl will live on with you in health.
    I share your attitude towards dogs. My male Aussie simply goes everywhere with us, sleeps in his own bed in our bedroom, and is always on the guard for anything out of the ordinary. Last night he started barking outside, not unusual, but he always stops once I acknowledge him. He wouldn't stop, so I put on my boots and went out to see and I immediately saw the problem. Our Jeep rolled off down the driveway and was about 100 feet away off in the woods! He definitely thought that was not right! :)

10. Ballylongford

Ballylongford AK Subscriber Subscriber

She is a beaut and looks like one great dog, although I'd guess the squirrel pictured would have other thoughts....

Hoping for the best....

:bigok:

uenjoymyself, Pio1980 and dosmalo like this.
  11. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

Beautiful dog. I hope everything works out. Thinking positive thoughts for her and your family.

-Dave

12. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hope all goes well.

13. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

Prayers going up now.

MarZutra, Pio1980 and dosmalo like this.
  14. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

That's a shame.....

I had a bull terrier that was a blue nose and was a runt. Because of her smaller stature that dog could flat out run and there was no getting away from her, she had a bad habit of killing coyotes when I lived in El Paso. I would prop my head up on her when I was laying on the floor watching the TV. I hope your dog is going to be OK....

15. davidb1

davidb1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Positive thoughts on the way.

16. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

I'm pulling for you and your pooch dosmala. Could you please give us her name? And the other one too__:)

dosmalo likes this.
  17. old_tv_nut

old_tv_nut See Yourself on Color TV! Subscriber

Best wishes for the best outcome for your girl and you.

18. dosmalo

dosmalo T-Totaled Subscriber

WP_20170130_17_28_26_Pro.jpg Here's both of "The Girls"
    Pandi (6yrs) and my 1st born, Remi (13yrs).
    I so much appreciate ALL of the support and well-wishes!

Pio1980 likes this.
  19. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

She's a beauty -- here's hoping she comes through with flying colors!

Pio1980 likes this.
  20. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

Still confused - is it Remi or Pandi going to the vet on Monday?

Pio1980 likes this.