My bad news about Roxie the boxer

bully

It is Roxie's time. They've given her some drugs to make her feel better overnight, & I'm going to cry and say goodbye to my beautiful girl. Tomorrow will be her last day.
Thanks for you kind words. This is a grief that will hurt.
I truly hope I'm not just extending her pain for even the night, but even though I've suspected it for the past week, it just seems right to have a quiet Roxie evening. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day.
A day like so many we shared at the local dog run. What a neat place. 25 acres, fenced, and with a creek running through. At least once a day, sometimes 3 visits, for over seven years, until my own back injury cut us back.
I'll miss her a lot. Bummer bummer bummer. But, it is her time, so we'll help her go with love and dignity & with her queen's demeanor intact. I hope I'm not just causing her needless pain for this one more day.
Doggonit.
Cancer. Fast.

Bully

I am very sorry to hear the bad news. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Dave

My sincerest condolences.

We lost our 12 1/2 year old Dalmatian in Feburary. It was one of the most devestating things that I've had to endure. I can't imagine having to make the desision you made. Luckily Domino went quickly one night, we knew she was in her finally days, but had hoped for a few more years. I've heard it is one of hardest decisions to make, but once you have, it ends up being one of the best.

By coincidence, we've been working with a breeder since shortly after Domino's passing and tomorrow we bring home our new pup.

Here's a poem that was passed along to me in my time of grief. Hope it helps you as it did me.

X

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I'm really sorry to hear that Bully. I was really hoping the old gal might make it through.

My heart goes out to ya,
Moonie :(

My deepest sympathies. It's hard to lose the unconditional love and friendship of a great pet.
Carl

Pete

Through your posts your intense attachment to your dog is obvious.
I'm real sorry to hear about her. I only hope that in time you can find another friend to replace her.

Sweet Roxie, RIP 1992-2003

Roxie is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge. Thanks, all of you for your kind thoughts.
You didn't know Roxie, but she was one of those very special pets we all might want. We snuggled together all night. She was bright and perky, if a bit wobbly, this morning. It has been a glorious morning, and we sat out in the front yard 'watching,' as she loved doing.
Before we got into the car, she looked to say 'I need to pee and poop, before we go.' And she determinedly walked over to the neighbor's yard to relieve herself. Back at the car, she wanted to jump in by herself, and she only needed a little help.
She had been a cancer survivor for over 4 years. Those were days filled with love, and long walks until this year, when age really began to catch up with her.
As sad as I am, and as hard as it was to hold her head in my hands, whispering sweet nothings in her ear, I could not let the disease cause her any pain. She went quickly and peacefully, and with her chin on her last bisquit, she looked at peace, and ready to defend her bisquit.
I loved her, she was a huge part of my life, and I will miss her.

I'm so sorry.

Bully l just got in from out of town and of course had to get caught up on the latest news.

My wife and l just finish reading your post. We both have tears in our eyes.I knew this day was coming and can certainly relate to your feelings. :(

Thank you Pete for giving Roxie the most wonderful gift a person can give to their pet when their time arrives. Take care my friend l'll be in touch.

I feel for ya buddy. It was hard when I had to turn loose of my friend Bogart, but the good memories will always be with me and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
A loving and unselfish act is often the most painful thing to do. I am glad that Roxie had such a loving companion to take care of her.

Bully;
Saying goodbye to a old and trusted friend can be one of the hardest things in life we have to deal with. Your posts over time have showed us all how important Roxie is in your life.

Hang in there bud, we will help as we can.

Lefty

Damn, Bully, I am so very sorry. I know what she meant to you. That is an extremely difficult descion to make. I know. My Shadow and Charlie have a new playmate. I hope she likes to play ball, they did. Neither one of those two ever met a stranger. She's running like the wind again, right about now. Damn, I know it's tough.
All my best
Brad

Bully:

So sad to hear of your great loss. We lost our Bandit about 18 months ago after 14 years and it was brutal. I started to write last night, but couldn't think of anything to say that might not make the evening worse, so I decided to wait Roxie's passing was behind you. I know those hours I spent on the floor with Bandit that afternoon weren't easy.

All our condolences and prayers,

Andy
________
Anal video

Last edited:
:(

Pete I'm sorry for you, my friend. There's not much I can say that hasn't been said.

I KNOW Roxie will go to an even better place.

Chris

Pete- So, so sorry to hear of yr loss. I had a special friend, Junior, a beautiful Doberman, whom I lost back in '93. Time's made it a bit easier, but I still miss him very much.-Sandy G.

Bully, sorry to hear about Roxie...For many of us...our pets are more a part of us, and our family, than most of the people we know.

Cheers...to all the good memories :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom