My Braun Drivers Hit!!

I thought the 130s had arty in them as well assorted caliber Gatlings.
My dad after his AF career went to work for Hughs and ran a group on developement and use of FLIR and then the new wiring harnesses for the BUFFs. I think helicopter armaments too. He still won't tell me what he did for the AF.
WW, I read a book written by a guy in the Royal Navy in WWII and the intercom system in the ship was refered to as the Tannoy. I guess they got their start as a contractor for the military.

Great turn back on topic, guys!
Although we were ;) discussing 'vintage gear' :D
I am happy for Wild to get the Braun's back.
My D123A's are still lost in the wilderness ... :(

pete

Well it kinda is...Braun after all designed the V2 rockets Germany lobbed at London and Stromberg Carlson where built by the same people that built submarines, Tannoys were on battleships and the American tanks had blocks built for Cadillacs in their engines and Cadillacs were early with car radios.
It all ties in with the infrared remotes for the CD player and how the machines used for tooling howitzers must have been used for the milling of low tolerance baskets for speakers and the tubes, transisters and all that cool stuff came about so that guys could kill each other in more expediant ways, cause I saw this ape with a thigh bone on 2001 a Space Oddessey and..................
Well I still haven't figured out how the mustard gas coming out of Thor's ass works in unless he is taping it like the code breakers do radio emmissions.
Thor, get those recordings and do a burst transmission at Rob's radio telescope!

ARRRGGGGGG

I pop the drivers in the 710's and damn wouldn't you know it, there is buzz sound coming out of one of the drivers. At lower db levels you really hear it. Ok that means two things. Either the voice coil has worn a spot and if that is the case...Call it trash. Or the alignment is off for some strange reason. Well, I wanted to believe the ladder sooooooo out comes the exacto knife and up comes the surround edge. Loosen up the cone and play with placement. I move it just a hair this a way and BINGO noise is gone! Could I be that lucky? Well time will tell as I glued it back together and have my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross, crossed! :dammit: I REALLY REALLY want these to work once again!! :cry:

Biggest thing on the gunship was a 105 howitzer on some models. Usually coupled that gun with the 40mm Bofors guns. For the most part, most models had a mix of 20mm Gatling cannons, and 7.62mm mini gatling guns. Right out of your worst nightmares.

Toasted Almond

Braun 710: With Grills

Back to the original thread :confused:

Here are some pictures of the Braun 710 Speakers

ADS L-710: With Grills

I own these speakers. :)

They are quite similar to the Braun 710s.
The drivers are the same (made in Germany).
The cabinets and grilles are slightly different (made in the USA)

Last edited:
Other Nice German "Vintage" Audio Equipment

Personally, I do like German engineered and manufactured audio equipment. :)

My vintage equipment include the following German-source equipment:

Speakers:
- ADS L810
- ADS L710
- ADS L420
- MB Quart 402 S

Turntable:
-Dual CS 627Q

Hey ya eThink..

Ya know, actually that pic you posted that is supposed to be the Brauns is not the original Brauns. At least the grills are not. (Why do I say that? Well you see...The original Bruans had a Braun logo on the front metal grill. The ADS knock offs do not) I saw that pic on E bay a while back. Did you buy them? Anyway, the pics you posted show no logo. Also those speakers have problems with one of the woofer drivers changed out. Never sound the same again I promise. I had two of my 6 inch drivers repaired by the Circuit Shop in Michigan and while they sounded ok, it just wasn't right. Impossible to match up the voice coils.

As I said, the original Braun complete speakers are very hard to come by and often the ADS line is believed to be Brauns as they look the same and used Braun drivers for a while. It is why I was so hot on restoring my Brauns. One just will never see them anymore making them a classic piece. :)

P.S. Also another tell tale sign that those speakers are not Bruans is the tabs on the front that mount the grill. Not the same as the original Brauns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom