My budget McIntosh system

mash35231

I have a low budget system compared to most systems I see on AK. I use a MA5100 integrated amp and a MR71 tuner. My cd player is a Denon DVD-2910 and the speakers are vintage KLH's that have a couple mods. My next upgrade will be a better cd player or maybe a dac and use the Denon for a transport. I like the idea of a dac so I can play the music on my laptop along with the Denon.

Attachments

• GEDC1411.jpg
    GEDC1411.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 386
The KLH's sound ok for 40 year old speakers....I'll upgrade when the budget allows it. I'm not sure what I'll upgrade to...I'll know when the time comes....

Very nice. Cost means nothing. Its all about how much you enjoy your system when its playing. Enjoy.

Love the repurposed writing desk, if that's what it is. "Budget McIntosh" sounds like a contradiction. That is some nice gear regardless of price or age.

i really like the way you put a shelf in the open knee space of that desk. i'm gonn be sealing that idea for sure.

that desk really looks amazing!

your entire system is one big contradiction. budget Mc gear? New TV, vintage audio, antique furniture....very nice: :thmbsp:

i like your speaker stands as well. great job! :music:

I do agree with you that some of the system pictures on AK make my 1970's McIntosh setup feel 'budget'. But I am a very proud owner of what I believe to be the best sound for my dollar.

My next purchase is also a DAC, though the options seem limitless as it's a completely different rabbit hole!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom