My Bunn Hi-Velocity High Altitude coffee maker died

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
While my Bunn NHSD Velocity High altitude coffee maker brewed a good cup of coffee I did not like the pre-heated tank of water it stored. At my altitude, 6,152 feet evaporation was a problem out of the storage tank even after a day or so I noticed a difference I could never be sure of how much coffee I would get out of it, certainly I never was able to get 10 cups out of it. I never used it much for that reason finally today it died probably a bad on/off switch. I though about getting a "K" Cup brewer but I have 8 pounds of whole bean coffee of various types I need to use first. I purchased a French press instead I have a very nice electric tea pot you supply it with hot water and I understand a French Press makes very good coffee and tea it cost $25 dollars for a French made all glass and stainless steel 8 cup model. I will do what what I have been doing all along poor the freshly brewed coffee into my Stanley thermos bottle which keeps is nice and hot all day.

How old? Call Bunn's customer service line. Even if you did not register, (warrantee) the unit, it may be covered. The plug has a date code to verify the date. My MPU died, (most likely my fault) and they replaced it with no questions asked, and sent me a label to return the broken unit. About your leftover beans, Cusinart makes a unit called a Flexbrew, about $50.00 the brews ground, and K-cup only. No reservoir, so you need to add water for every brew.

Google Bunn Customer Service. Their is a "Service Form" you need to fill out, then submit. It may take a day or two for them to get back to you.

I just got into drinking coffee again by bringing out my old Melitta Kevalia 4 cup brewer that was free with joining their coffee club 25 years ago. It was so much better than the instant coffee added to a cup warmed in the microwave that I was drinking! But I was worried about all the possible BPA plastic in the old maker so I decided to look for other brands.

So I bought a Chemex 6 cup glass coffee maker along with a Hario Serton hand grinder and a Fino kettle for pour over coffee. This made a very smooth and tasty cup but was a little too much work in the morning so just last week I bought a Technivorm KBT 741 drip coffee maker. It also makes a very smooth and tasty cup of coffee and is built to last (from what I have read). It is well made but does not have a timer, grinder or any other fancy features, it just makes coffee. I like that since there is less to go wrong. It was expensive ($390 Canadian) but I think it was worth it. At a little more than $1/day I guess that's not too bad. I use the Chemex on weekends when I have more time.

Google Bunn Customer Service. Their is a "Service Form" you need to fill out, then submit. It may take a day or two for them to get back to you.

OK I'll do that. I was looking at that on the page thank for this info will do that right now. This is the best drip type coffee maker I have ever had would like to have one that is working.

I have used Bunn coffee making equipment since the early 1970's in the US Navy. With this service I will be using their stuff for many years to come.

In a previous lifetime, I worked for a company who was a supplier for some of the electronics assemblies used in the Bunn commercial brewers. Class company all around. Knew many of the manufacturing/engineering personnel. Great people, and it all carried over into their whole product line.

I agree with the positive comments about Bunn customer service. We bought a K-cup machine about two years ago. It began to have problems starting the brew process. Note that there is a delayed warm-up process if the machine has been sitting for more than eight hours. After a thorough cleaning inside and outside, it seemed to work a bit better for a few weeks. We contacted Bunn customer service about it and they sent a new machine to us. We only had to pay the UPS fee to return the old one. After a month or so, the replacement machine started to behave exactly the same as the old one did. Bunn sent us a call tag so that we could return the machine to them. They will send a refund check as soon as they receive it. That is excellent customer service! We bought a different model Bunn coffee maker that has a thermal caraf this time. While I am disappointed with the K-cup machine(s), I am not at all soured on Bunn. They have earned my business as a result of providing excellent customer service and support after the sale.

I got my wife one of the BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer for Christmas 2015.
Has been fine so far but it never quite knocked my socks with the coffee brewed - always seemed just a bit weak.

There is a $500 home version of the Trifecta. ;) One day, maybe.

The Bunn Phase Brew I've had for a while still works OK but, like stereo gear, upgrade is always a consideration.

I received the replacement Bunn NHS today (11 March). I am impressed by Bunn's warranty service. Now I am having fun trying to drain out the old one to send it back.

Back
Top Bottom