My car battery won't charge

Jocko NC said: "You might be surprised how many battery brands are nearly identical and how few battery manufacturing plants there actually are."

+1

I did battery research while working at MSD Ignition years ago. We were trying to find a car battery (or helicopter, or other mil-spec application unit) that could withstand the G-forces from a dragster launch. Never did. I killed a bunch of expensive military spec and general consumer-grade batteries on that little sojourn. There is a reason you see MSD Magnetos on dragsters and not a battery powered ignition.

There were only a couple of places in the U.S.,even then, that built batteries and Johnson Controls was the main one. Gates was another, but IIRC they licensed/sold their "wrapped" battery design to Optima.

I've been buying Interstate batteries since then -- it is a generalization to say that most consumer auto batteries are about the same underneath their branded top caps -- but not far off. Buy the correct CCA for your vehicle, then price, and don't worry so much about the brand and its marketing.

Nope before that..... Really, go back and read the thread..... it's obvious you read the latest post and whip off a reply after having forgotten what has been said, and in what context.
You're right. I apologize. Where did I go wrong?

Dear wilkes85:

Since your battery won't charge, and your buddy drove over your charger with a truck, and it seems to be working weird, I'd check the charger first.

BP

Back
Top Bottom