My CNC Phono Stage Build Has Begun

vincei

aka MasterControlMedia
I got my board in the mail thanks to HypnoToad last week and today started buying parts and designing the case. My Digikey order is ready to be submitted. Can't wait to start...

:banana:

First pic:

Attachments

• DSC_0289.jpg
    DSC_0289.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 317
Update 1.

I installed the board and switch. Looks like I am going to have to squeeze in those batteries. :scratch2:

Attachments

• DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_0292.jpg
    DSC_0292.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 650
Where do the battaries go? I also like that box.

Good question. I hope I can squeeze them in on top somehow. I misjudged the length of the box. Worst case I will make an external power supply with 4 9v batteries.

It's a Hammond aluminum box with slide out top and plastic end caps. I love them and have built many projects with them. They are reasonable too at about $14 a pop.

I've looked at the Hammond boxes and didn't see that one. Where did you get it?

Cheers,

Bob

Good question. I hope I can squeeze them in on top somehow. I misjudged the length of the box. Worst case I will make an external power supply with 4 9v batteries.

Looks fantastic, why not try the 4 x 6v lantern batteries and just put them out of sight. I really like that case as well.

Looks fantastic, why not try the 4 x 6v lantern batteries and just put them out of sight. I really like that case as well.

Not a bad idea, I can get them cheap. If I can't shoe horn those 9v in there, I may take your advice.

Lot's more pics once I commence the build. :yes:

Thanks for the link - there's one that's 3.07"x6.30" pn. 1455K1602BK - the board should slide in the slots and have room for the batteries as well, in stock at Mouser. At least I think the board should slide in? Vincei can you verify the board fits in the slots please?

Cheers and thanks again.

Bob

The CNC board is 3" wide or 76mm. You will have to shave that mm off the sides to get it to slide in IMO. It's no big deal you can use a file, dremmel etc just don't inhale the dust and do it before you populate the board.

Or you can always buy a bigger case and bolt it in like Vincei did.

Thanks for the link - there's one that's 3.07"x6.30" pn. 1455K1602BK - the board should slide in the slots and have room for the batteries as well, in stock at Mouser. At least I think the board should slide in? Vincei can you verify the board fits in the slots please?

Cheers and thanks again.

Bob

I was almost able to slide it into the box I got with the board sideways, but the box was just a little to wide, so the board would slip out too easily. I decided to bolt it in. I perhaps should have bought the larger model, but I liked the sleek look of this one. :music:

I got the parts this morning and finished the project in about 3 hrs. That is one nice board! Nothing blew up when I powered it on, so now comes the testing...:yes:

Attachments

• DSC_0331.jpg
    DSC_0331.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0320.jpg
    DSC_0320.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0319.jpg
    DSC_0319.jpg