My Collection

Turbo Pascal

I have a collection of portable audio devices.
Is this the right sub-forum on audiokarma.org for this topic? Please correct me and move the topic for the correct forum.

I plan to show each device in a separate post in this topic (sorry for possible mistakes - English for me is foreign language).

This photo is only small part of my collection:
15037769826825917.jpg

Mono Tape Recorders:
JVC RC-222E
Ocean 8000DC (Japan solid state tape recorder with rotate control)
Panasonic RQ-2102
Panasonic RQ-2104
Philips EL-3302
Sanyo M 2522E
Sanyo MR-420LL
VM-85K (military cassette tape recorder, USSR).

Cassette Players:
ATC CP-105

Reel-to-reel
National RQ-300S

Small audio systems:
Sharp 10P-18G (TV+cassette+radio)

Audio systems:
Pioneer J-700M

Last edited:
Very cool collection of cassette recorders. Looking forward to your individual posts.
Do you have the famous Marantz PMD430 or Sony's comparable TC-D5 and TCM5000

Looks like you like the small stuff. I saw a little portable (vintage) radio. It had AM/FM/Weather/Airline plus a few other bands. It had a leather case and the back was clear plastic so you could see the insides. It was pretty old. I think it was called Eldorado? Not sure if that was the make or model name. Was really cool. I should have grabbed it for $10 but didn't know if it was worth it.

Ocean 8000DC, Japan cassette tape recorder, ~1968.
Alcohol and cigar on a box (prohibited advertisement in 21 century, but normal for 1960-xx).
I had one of these as a kid in the late 70s, I think it had a Lafayette nameplate on it. I swapped out the 1/8" mono headphone jack for a 1/4" stereo jack (so I could drive both sides of my stereo headphones, even though it was mono) and created a primitive Walkman a year or two before the actual Walkman came out.

I had one of these as a kid in the late 70s, I think it had a Lafayette nameplate on it. I swapped out the 1/8" mono headphone jack for a 1/4" stereo jack (so I could drive both sides of my stereo headphones, even though it was mono) and created a primitive Walkman a year or two before the actual Walkman came out.
When I was a kid (in late 70s too), I had "Kometa-209" (Russian reel-to-reel tape recorder) :)

Back
Top Bottom