My College Apartment (I've Been Waiting for This!)

IMG_2434.jpg

Here you go! :) I hope this picture is good enough.

This was before the JBLs were refoamed. Everything now is in good working order (except for a cap or two in the amp and the crossovers in the Marantz need to be recapped, too)

wow those marantz speakers are very pretty looking! thanks for the pic!

That flat screen sitting on the speakers makes me nervous, even if you don't crank the speakers all those micro-vibrations can't be good for the display. Any way to get more space between those two speakers, maybe move the right bookshelf all the way to the right wall to give you some room to let the two towers have a little air space between them? Nice place, my college place, before I got married was rather a dump.

That flat screen sitting on the speakers makes me nervous, even if you don't crank the speakers all those micro-vibrations can't be good for the display. Any way to get more space between those two speakers, maybe move the right bookshelf all the way to the right wall to give you some room to let the two towers have a little air space between them? Nice place, my college place, before I got married was rather a dump.

I believe I mentioned in a post before that we are about to L-bracket a shelf between the two bookshelves for the TV so it won't be resting on the speakers. We just got the TV, so it hasn't been sitting on them long, and I've also turned off my JBLs because I thought I heard some vibrating from the woofers. So it will be fixed soon!

How do you afford beer and ramen with that kind of set-up? :scratch2:

All I had when I got my first apartment in college was a Pioneer SA-5800, a Kyocera DA-410cx (still have this, actually), a Sony Walkman II and a pair of Paradigm 3se minis (ditto). No TV, no wall unit, no couch. Just a small kitchen table with two folding chairs, a futon to sit on or sleep on and a milk crate for a nightstand.

Once my girlfriend (now wife) moved in with me, we went a bit more upscale and bought an actual couch and a bookshelf. :D

-D

Very entertaining! :)

Luckily, I only had to buy a few pieces to this setup and they weren't expensive at all. Beer & ramen are back in stock after a few months of saving up!

Wow college is a lot cooler these days.
Great setup!
I'm sure you will have a great time there.:thmbsp:

Nice place you have there! That's a REALLY nice cassette deck. It's great to see someone who is willing to show off their cassette collection. When they are well taken care of, pre-recorded cassettes can sound really nice.

As a father, it is nice to hear that your prize possession is the one given by your father. My prize possession is my Sansui 9090db that my father gave me in high school. My twin boys who are Seniors is moving from an apartment to a house near their University so they asked me to hook them up with some of my vintage audio. You have a very nice system, cozy apartment and glad that you are in school:thmbsp:

You have a very nice set-up. Looks like a great place to relax and unwind. And, you're rockin' the cassette format. I grew up on cassettes!

I know you mentioned that you dont like the dangling cord, isnt there a way to hook up your ipod or computer through the Xbox360? I dont have one so i dont know. I was just thinking out loud while looking at your cool stuff and cozy room.

I know you mentioned that you dont like the dangling cord, isnt there a way to hook up your ipod or computer through the Xbox360? I dont have one so i dont know. I was just thinking out loud while looking at your cool stuff and cozy room.

It's my roommates' Xbox, so I don't really know that much about it. I know a simple way to do it is to just split from the CD player or something. I may not even do that now, because I just recently got an AppleTV for my birthday, and I can play my entire music library through the television through the amp! It's great, I definitely recommend it. Much better than using my computer or iPod.

Back
Top Bottom