My Crown CX 724 back from the Crown Doc!

kjack48230

Hello all. Well my wait is finally over. I had purchased a Crown CX 722 P2 that had a speed reducer to go down to 1.875. Weird! I sent it down to Chuck in Florida to have it completely restored. Everyone who has a Crown knows who I'm talking about!

After he got it we talked about what we wanted to do. It was an overkill to keep it as is unless I was planing on creating a studio. We decided to retrofit it to a more friendly 724. The CX electronic were in excellent condition and just needed some recaps done here and there. Less than a couple weeks it was on its way back home. Chuck really knows how to pack these things!

Tossed on a Pink Floyd tape I got at a sale and WOW! It was singing like a canary! I'm set for the next 40 years of tape heaven!

Only thing left to do is build a worthy case for it. Definitely going to be using some exotic wood for this! I'll update when I'm done with that project.

Attachments

• 15249574992371460193161.jpg
    15249574992371460193161.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 34
Maintain that Crown well, it will serve you well for many years to come without fuss. And sound great doing it. Chuck Ziska is your Crown expert, factory trained and years of experience on these classics.

Back
Top Bottom