My current bedroom corner

So we set about the basic stuff yesterday afternoon, before I realised something stupid about these Rogers monitors I have now. They're 2 DIN pin which is typical British nonsense. I'm hoping to be able to get some banana plugs to fit the inputs and resolve that issue shortly. I tested the amp today with a set of NS10s. That test resulted in about the least valve sounding valve amplifier I've ever heard the 12AX7s and 6BM8s really produced all of the faults you would expect from Yamaha NS10s and all of the reasons why most people don't like them.

I also put the new Daelsford speaker I got in its cabinet, but without the DIN plugs on hand there was little testing to be done of those just yet. I'll soon find out just how good of a match it is to the rest of the components in the box.

Evolution number three. I think I'm just going to leave it like this for a while.

7080159.jpg

So I did some minor automation tasks today, I replaced the line level connection from my MacBook Pro with an Apple TV 3 and suitable DAC. Now I can listen to Spotify without having to get up and change the record over. Such small luxuries. I'm already lazy anyhow. My SL-D2 has an auto return so it turns itself off when its done. I just got a little bit more lazy. I also introduced the LS3/5As to their new home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom