My current set up.

Justgotohm

I’m happy with what I currently have, no plans to swap out any components. I am looking forward to having a dedicated listening space so I can 86 the TV, Bose Accoustimas sub behind the amp cart, and the AV receiver. This will free up space for a TT (Music Hall 2.2), CD player, (Marantz 5005 or Audio Alchemy), and allow me to push the amp cart all the way under the rack. I do rotate speakers in and out. I’m running the TriTrix’s off the Dynaco ST70 which is surprisingly good to me. I’m playing with some Norh 7’s but will send them to a new home.
When I do get a larger space I’ll use the TriTrix’s with a secondary system and use larger speakers with this set up, possibly some wildly modified Cornwall’s or Diatone DS505’s.
B15B740A-E233-4ADA-8F09-2AED58DED751.jpeg A566089D-6172-4776-A89E-B0C30C2025DA.jpeg

My current second set up is all Dynaco. A FM-5 tuner, Pat-5 pre, ST70, A25 speakers that I installed new crossover components into. This isn’t here long and will be replaced with a Emotiva pre and Acurus A80 amp.
Interesting story, when I was checking out this particular ST70 I wanted a new set of output tubes. I live in Sylvania GA which is an hour away from Savannah and an hour away from Augusta along the Savannah River. I called a small music store in Statesboro GA about 30 minutes away (Plaid Music). I knew it was the home store for Devil Cat tube based guitar amplifiers. Called them up and asked if they by chance had a matched quad set of EL34’s, they sure did in stock on the shelf. They had a modest tube collection but all matched sets and local. I wouldn’t have been able to find that even in Savannah, such a nice surprise. I will support this store anyway I can.
I am using RCA tubes in my main rig ST70 and also have some big bottle black Sylvania’s. After about 10 hours of using the JJ’s with this all Dynaco set up I feel the brightness of the JJ’s matched well with the A25’s, the RCA’s seem to work better with the more modern TriTrix’s I use with the other ST70. I have the A25’s close together for the pic, they are usually about 10 feet apart.
E1C084D2-AB2F-4069-81ED-AB4DF55B65CF.jpeg 718FF40B-89BA-4D0F-BE33-70B7E0709790.jpeg

Thanks for the compliments. The women in my avatar is Marilyn Monroe without the heavy eye liner and big hair.

Looks cozy!
The ST70s look especially cool without a cage and those big toobs sticking up.

When I heard the TriTrixs over the ST70 I was surprised how crisp it sounded with great bass. Not at all tubey and rolled off, but modern and accurate.

Back
Top Bottom