My DIY's

Vary nice, was this your own design? What was your materials/parts list? How much was the cost? How long did it take? How do they sound? Does your wife like them? Do you want me to come up with more questions?

Vary nice, was this your own design? What was your materials/parts list? How much was the cost? How long did it take? How do they sound? Does your wife like them? Do you want me to come up with more questions?

They are designed after Klipsch Klipschorns, but on steroids. ALK extreme slope crossover, Critesspeakers CW1526C 15 inch Cast Frame Woofers, Atlas PD-5VH, Altec 511 mid horn, JBL 2404H Baby Cheek tweeter. The main bass bend is Baltic Birch and front and top is Walnut.
Material cost including the crossovers components around $3000.00. It took me in my spare time around 80 hours over six mouths, but this is not labor it is a passion.
They are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard! And believe me I have heard a lot of speakers over my 57 years.
I have more pictures on my FB (Luciano Henri Palmeri) under photos.
I am more then happy to answer any questions.

Beautiful work. Love seeing what others create. Corner horns have an incredible presence -- nice choice! :beerchug:

I built pretty much the same set up about 10 years ago. I used Beyma baby cheeks for tweeters and ALK universal crossovers. I started out with the Atlas mid range drivers then switched to Altec 902s.
The Altec drivers to me made a significant difference in sound quality. So much smother than the Atlas drivers.

Back
Top Bottom