My dog is obsessed with this! watch not to blow a tweeter on this video!

Alobar

Addicted Member
It is called a Jolly Ball and it is made from hard plastic so there is no getting hold of it in his mouth. It is a thing with the herding breeds and I have heard there is actually a sport in some places. He has always just went pretty much insane with that thing, barking extremely loud nonstop at it for hours if I don't take it away from him. That is hard to do as he will not give it up! Have to trick him..

I go one of these for my Labrador Retriever,... he didn't take to it like your dog does. :(

Nice video and great choice in breeds. Perhaps the most intelligent breed out there...if not they are up near the top. Love them. My sister had one which had one brown eye and one deep blue eye so he was named Blue... Was competitive in the agility sports in Ontario. Fabulous dogs..
Kudos...
We got this one as a rescue when he was a year and a half. Hard to believe he will be 5 this year already! He has been for the most part a great dog, loyal as can be, sticks in the yard always without restraint and as you say is very smart. He is a working dog though, and never gives it a rest! Always seems to sleep at night with one eye open, and on our daily walks/hikes he sizes everything and everyone up constantly. He generally dislikes it if other hikers dogs get too close to us and will lash out if they get too near (around 10 feet is his limit) but the instant we are past them he pays them no mind.. I always feel like we are being herded around though!

I go one of these for my Labrador Retriever,... he didn't take to it like your dog does. :(
Yeah I think it is a herding thing, and a Lab wouldn't see it of particular interest since it couldn't get it in his mouth to bring it back. Our dog sees it like a goat or something I think to be watched and herded. He wouldn't give it up yesterday so I went in the house and he just laid down beside it in the yard for an hour or so. Then I was playing some music and I could hear him barking at it and looked out and he was pushing it with his nose and paws around the yard! He has a whole different kind of bark too, shrill ear piercing would describe it and as I understand it that bark is all part of the breed. It is supposedly how they keep the heard moving. I usually wear ear protection when we are playing with the Jolly Ball but I didn't yesterday and he set off my right ear to ringing today! dang...

Back
Top Bottom