My Dope dealer delivers tomarrow 12/13

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My UPS dope dealer is delivering tomorrow. Thank God the TSDT’s (Tabasco Sauce Delirium Tremens) can finally come to and end. I ran out of Family Reserve, oh, the horrors.

I am also restocking my supply of Tabasco Spicy Brown Mustard. I am a complete mustard freak. The Tabasco mustard is just about the best mustard I have ever tasted. Unlike some chili pepper mustards, Tabasco Mustard is not a fire eating contest the flavors are so well balanced.

3A609413-F1C8-4CB9-90D4-C6319B2F4152.jpeg

Last edited:
Dammit! I've been doing my best to keep this habit under control and here you go and trigger me! Of all the condiments, I love mustard - I'm a fiend! :confused: Brown, spicy, dijon, delicatessen sytle, honey, German, flavored... you name it, I'm squeezing/spreading it onto my favorite meat/sandwich. I'm off to meet my "connec'" behind Aldi so as to add to my stash (it's hidden under the floorboards in the kitchen).

Specially Selected Province Herbs Mustard (Aldi).jpg

It's feels so good to know that "I'm not the only one."

KDAC I hear you, I love mustard. If you have not done it yet anoint Southern Fried chicken with your favorite mustard, oh God in heaven is it good try Zatarain's Creole Mustard it will give you a "purple haze all in your brain after one taste you will not be the same again". Sorry , Jimmy.

CAFC3222-F532-4684-B7F1-D99BF9690C94.jpeg

KDAC I hear you, I love mustard. If you have not done it yet anoint Southern Fried chicken with your favorite mustard, oh God in heaven is it good try Zatarain's Creole Mustard it will give you a "purple haze all in your brain after one taste you will not be the same again". Sorry , Jimmy.

View attachment 1065237
Hot damn! You've got a grown man wearing a bib today (so as to catch the drool...), transmaster. The next time at the grocery store, I'm making a bee line to the condiment isle in search of the Creole Mustard. I've enjoyed Zatarain's boxed rice dishes for years and am sure the mustard tastes just as good. Thanks for the heads-up

My dear old dad used to get this course ground mustard in sort of a crock- I wish I knew what brand it was. The stuff was dark and hard to spread because it was so grainy. Sound familiar?

My dear old dad used to get this course ground mustard in sort of a crock- I wish I knew what brand it was. The stuff was dark and hard to spread because it was so grainy. Sound familiar?
Based on your description, it sounds like Bavarian (German) mustard and if I'm correct, I unequivocally state that it's mouth-wateringly delicious.

Is this the mustard you are thinking of;
51N-DcHsP8L.jpg

I stand corrected (via RT Fan). It's French! And it looks delicious as all get out. Between transmaster originating this thread and the replies of fellow AKers, I think I'm going to clear out a separate section of the fridge just for mustard storage. If my wife gives me a funny look, I'll simply blame you all. ;)

I'll have to try some of these.
I like the spicy stuff, but so much of it is so hot that the experience becomes all about the burn.
I have lately become enamoured with Badia Chipotle Mild Sauce.
Nice smoky pepper flavor without so much heat that it is dangerous.

Oh yes:

ED8678B3-FB8C-4B71-995D-B997868D8677.jpeg

And this one which is wonderful on Prime Rib.

13CE4CB7-DB04-4CA2-9F9C-F9682DB59A7E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll have to try some of these.
I like the spicy stuff, but so much of it is so hot that the experience becomes all about the burn.
I have lately become enamoured with Badia Chipotle Mild Sauce.
Nice smoky pepper flavor without so much heat that it is dangerous.

That is what makes the Tabasco mustards so good a great balanced flavor.

In case you didn’t spot my other thread.
Check out heaven on earth. This is holy ground. When you eat a hotdog gloobed with mustard you always eat it pointing in the direction of The National Mustard Museum

https://mustardmuseum.com/

Aldi has good stuff but you can't always get the same stuff. One of my trips there brought these home

521791efb901b442d912fd58c2644bdf33aa5dc8.jpg

They didn't have the Bavarian sweet mustard or I'd have gotten that too. The Austrian beer mustard was excellent on pretzels, the whole grain was fantastic on sandwiches or really anything else.

I picked up something at a trip to a Lidl store (basically Aldi's competition) but I haven't gotten into it yet. I'm hoping for something good.

Back
Top Bottom