My dream car......what's yours?

Limos don't count. Try the back seat of a '68 Camaro if you really want to aggravate your arthritis.

How was the Greek? :naughty:
Nah limos definitely count. ZZ at the Greek was epic as usual, save the early weeknight curfew as usual.
How back many times in back of a 62 vw beetle? Lol with a 6ft blonde
A few times in my 58 bug until the seat shorted on the battery and caught fire. The guys in the white dusters on bikes were surprisingly helpful. After that she borrowed her mom’s Dart Swinger when we went out.

View attachment 1418656

View attachment 1418657

View attachment 1418659

View attachment 1418661

Ten or maybe twelve years ago a Dutch seller offered this Camargue for 33000 Euros. I always wondered which is the real shade of the red leather (the camera of the seller did falsify the shade for sure). However, this is one of the cars I was most pining for in my life. Good old England meets Italian desgin...

And in our days I think you can't get a Camargue for 33000 Euros anymore...
Tho not a Camargue, ours was a '68 Silver Shadow SRH. Owning a R-R was a long time aspiration but we couldn't really do it justice while it was here. I have a pic somewhere.

Owning a R-R was a long time aspiration but we couldn't really do it justice while it was here.

Never had the aspiration to own a RR or Bentley, but I did "indulge" in a Ferrari--a 328 GTS. I bought it used with really low miles and it had been garage kept in a Manhattan parking garage since new with all of the proper maintenance records. It was just a bit of a "disappointment"--it ran fine and never gave me a problem, and it certainly turned heads (not too many Ferraris in NW PA), but the performance wasn't "all that", and the routine maintenance cost was staggering and inconvenient--2 hour drive to the closest dealer. And you don't just take your Ferrari down to the local Quiky Lube for an oil change--so I sold it and went back to a more conventional "toy".

My current "stable" of vehicles is still ridiculous, but at least they are serviceable fairly locally. 2016 Silverado HD3500 (4wd, quad cab, diesel, long bed). 2016 Suburban (law enforcement package--2500 chassis with the 420hp 6.2L LT1), 2019 Challenger HellCat RedEye (797hp), and 2019 Jaguar XJR575 (575hp). I did mention the word "ridiculous", and clearly I am not a friend of the EPA, but I am what I am, and I pay the bills.

The story of the Jag is in another thread, but paying over $100K in cash for a car over lunch falls into the category of "ridiculous", but it was a dealer demo--the dealership owner's car, so all balls were in play and he got a good laugh out of it, and paid for lunch.

Listed my drop top dream car previously. An Opel GT would be one of my hard top dream cars.

39202084001_original.jpg

Owning a Ferrari was on my fantasy list, but having a single cylinder take by Fabio Taglioni as a Ducati Sebring was mighty fine while that lasted (poor dealer support in the lean years).

545AFE7B-ACB1-42D4-B88A-D0567BAED24D.jpeg
My dream 2019 Audi R10
DA5F5989-AD01-49E9-87C3-E6216F5E3800.jpegC2C1AE1A-261C-4D25-A60B-89CF6131CCC6.jpeg
My reality (Banned from Racing) 1995 Audi UR S6 w/ RS6 turbo inline 2.3L 20v 5cylinder 5speed Quattro AWD 350WHP

Last edited:
Got a buddy with a almost mint 87 white Cressida loaded beauty. Been parked for a few years trying to get my hands on it. It's craving a turbo

Got a buddy with a almost mint 87 white Cressida loaded beauty. Been parked for a few years trying to get my hands on it. It's craving a turbo
That has the 5MGE doesn't it?

A2J powered Lexus would be nice too, and should be easily obtainable.

That has the 5MGE doesn't it?

A2J powered Lexus would be nice too, and should be easily obtainable.
Not sure was under assumption it was the same as a Supra under the hood. It's a straight six rear drive. Never thought to look any farther. Lol

Okay, I have to chime in:

I'm a SAAB guy. I (we) have three. I regularly drive my, bottom of the line, "linear" wagon. It has the best sound system of any car I have ever had in 40+ years of car ownership. I understand that it is by Harmon - Kardon. My wife's car is almost identical. It's an "Arc" model. It has a bit more power and a few more gadgets. The sound system isn't as good as my Linear though - for some strange reason. I recently bought a sedan for cheap to use as a "beater" car. It's the top-of-the-line Aero model. Again, for some strange reason, it was being sold cheap. I have no idea why. It's in great shape and I like to refer to it as a 4 wheeled rocket. It's so frigging fast that I really don't notice the sound system. I'm paying more attention to not crashing and not getting pulled over for speeding. That's my SAAB story.

Okay, I have to chime in:

I'm a SAAB guy. I (we) have three. I regularly drive my, bottom of the line, "linear" wagon. It has the best sound system of any car I have ever had in 40+ years of car ownership. I understand that it is by Harmon - Kardon. My wife's car is almost identical. It's an "Arc" model. It has a bit more power and a few more gadgets. The sound system isn't as good as my Linear though - for some strange reason. I recently bought a sedan for cheap to use as a "beater" car. It's the top-of-the-line Aero model. Again, for some strange reason, it was being sold cheap. I have no idea why. It's in great shape and I like to refer to it as a 4 wheeled rocket. It's so frigging fast that I really don't notice the sound system. I'm paying more attention to not crashing and not getting pulled over for speeding. That's my SAAB story.
I'm an Audi guy but purchased a 1999 SAAB 9-3 turbo convertible for my girlfriend years ago. Fast Fun Car! Great power to weight ratio!

Would you do that to a Ferrari 250 GT?

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't the early XKE's have the straight 6 cylinder? They weren't known for their horsepower to weight ratio. Maybe the Jag could use the 250 GT engine. ;)
It would be tough to dig one of those up at the local boneyard.

I get not wanting to butcher a classic. An early Jag is most definitely a classic, not quite on par with the 250 GT though.
The place I worked for 30-some years did the engine machine work for Group 44, the factory Jaguar team in the late 70's to mid 80's. The owner had one of those later XKE's but I could swear it was a 12 cylinder. He also had a XJS that had a 420 cubic inch Chevy small block. It was wicked fast compared to the original 12 cyl.

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't the early XKE's have the straight 6 cylinder? They weren't known for their horsepower to weight ratio. Maybe the Jag could use the 250 GT engine. ;)
It would be tough to dig one of those up at the local boneyard.

I get not wanting to butcher a classic. An early Jag is most definitely a classic, not quite on par with the 250 GT though.
The place I worked for 30-some years did the engine machine work for Group 44, the factory Jaguar team in the late 70's to mid 80's. The owner had one of those later XKE's but I could swear it was a 12 cylinder. He also had a XJS that had a 420 cubic inch Chevy small block. It was wicked fast compared to the original 12 cyl.
Definitely not underpowered, rather deliberately developed and refined DOHC GP racing worthy power plants. The core personality of these cars resides under the 'bonnet'. You know them, this is for the class.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XK6_engine

Back
Top Bottom