My first CD Player

Kosinki

IMG_5969.JPG The Proceed PCD, even though I'm a vinyl/tube guy I've always fantasized about Mark levinson gear and this will probably be the closest I get to owning some. Having so much fun listening to this CD player and buying cds on the cheap. Why buy the 200$ vinyl when you can get the cd for 5$! Also nice to own something that you just plug in and enjoy, it just works. By no means will I be getting rid of my Garrard 301 anytime soon but It's a nice change.

I agree. I just got a 400 CD changer to start playing my collection again. It’s nice to just push a couple of buttons and not have to turn it over. My vinyl and TT is currently on the back burner.

Just got my first one a few months ago. In the past, I just used my Blu-Ray player, which worked fine. But had an opportunity to get a "matching" Bel Canto CD2 player to match my Bel Canto DAC. So I am enjoying CD's again too. They used to be just a "car thing" for me but now I enjoy them on the home stereo as well. My listening is still probably 70% streaming, 15% CD's, 15% vinyl though.

View attachment 1283508 The Proceed PCD, even though I'm a vinyl/tube guy I've always fantasized about Mark levinson gear and this will probably be the closest I get to owning some. Having so much fun listening to this CD player and buying cds on the cheap. Why buy the 200$ vinyl when you can get the cd for 5$! Also nice to own something that you just plug in and enjoy, it just works. By no means will I be getting rid of my Garrard 301 anytime soon but It's a nice change.

Nice CD player. Also nice that CD's are inexpensive.

Great news, congratulations!! High quality CD playback can be awesome. Somehow, many people are not aware of that and keep blaming the CD format as not being capable of delivering gorgeous sound. In many cases, the weak link is just poor quality mastering (loudness war, and so on). I keep enjoying my Astin Trew AT 3500+ CDP every day of my life!

Last edited:
Had a portable one when I was little kid but grew up with the MP3 so never really valued one until now.
I've gone the opposite direction. :)

Began with CDs in the late 80s and ripped the content to lossless FLAC about five years ago. I have multiple players that can access a central library without having to spin shiny discs.

Convenience and quality. Along with some music that is only available in MP3 and a growing segment found in higher resolution 24 bit.

Back
Top Bottom