My first DIY cables

lbcgav

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Used some Canare 4S11 cable and some Vampire BAR spade connectors. Wrapped them in some Techflex sheathing. I tried to follow a tutorial that was on here some years ago with the pictures missing. I had to guess a little about how to do some of the operations, but I think they came out alright.

20171118_163659.jpg 20171118_163722.jpg 20171118_163718.jpg 20171118_163708.jpg

Nice Job! The Canare is good cable and Vampire makes some nice termination. Are you liking the sonic results as well?

Thanks! I haven’t tried them yet. I did a little more investigating into the Vampire spades I have and I think they’re actually the #BAR8 version. I’ll report back on my impressions.

Listening to Don Giovanni with my mother right now...she's enjoying it. Sounds pretty good so far. I've never been one to be able to hear much difference in cables, but I do appreciate the looks of these and the improved mechanical connection with the proper fitting spades connected to my newly restored Accuphase E-202.

Very nice. I always felt better with nice cables. Not sure the was much of a difference bjt it seemed better.

Nice work. Making one's own cables saves money, builds character, and makes the world a little better place.

I've seen some pretty high end company's use Canare 4s11 speaker wire on their rigs at shows .... its good high purity copper and it seems to sound vey good. While its not "cheap" its not real expensive and you do get good high quality copper and solid overall construction for a decent price.

Total cost was around $50. $33 for the cable, $7 for the TechFlex, $10 for the connectors and I already had the shrink tubing. This is for 10 ft. cables.

I purchased Vampire C7X RCA connectors and Canare GS6 cable and made my own custom length cables yesterday. I must admit I was skeptical of all the hype, but I can now tell you the difference is absolutely amazing! I always felt there was a degree of white noise in the system and tried many things to clear it up, nothing has helped until the installation of these cables (source to preamp,and preamp to power amps). The clarity with depth to sound was noticeable immediately upon turning the system on.

Back
Top Bottom