My first McIntosh ! Can you suggest me ?

Ok, that sounds like what I had in mind price-wise. I use Wineslob there. I more or less want it for the remote, I'm getting lazy in my old (46) age. :O

Hmmm. The current hi bidder has entered a "place holder" bid which is nearly always a mistake. For the bidder, that is.

Murray

Is the big gauge the unique requirement for MC cabling ?

If the gauge of your cable it to small for the distance or power requirements you will receive a huge increase in resistance and thus causing your amp to run very inefficient. When it comes to the cable game I do not get involved because the way I see it is if you hear a difference from cables so be it and visa versa.

Big Gauge

The big gauge cable is a requirement of your 2 ohm speakers, to handle all the current that has to go down the wires at that low impedence. Give the Mc (or any amp) a stable 8 ohm load and you don't need such huge cables.

Srry about the former hijack :( I would try "anti-cables". They are ofc motor winding wire. A 6' pair ran me about $70. These will have the ability in bi-wiring mode of handling about 70 amps. If you still have problems I would agree that some inspection of the speakers is in order. Just remember; current = squareroot of power divided by resistance (average may work here) might give you a heads up on whats going on.

Back
Top Bottom