My first OHM find, info appreciated.

roadrunnerx

Luckily stumbled onto some Ohm C2's that appear to have the new Ohm woofers. (glad I don't have to re-foam)
$40 bucks. Found at a yard sale that I almost skipped since the wife was busy giving us a late start.
Never seen any Ohm in my market and happy to try a pair. They do sound great!
Trying to figure out what work has been done. Looks like the new Ohm woofer since it has a pattern and
appears to be poly/non paper and no signs of speaker wires coming out of the dust cap as seen on older
versions. Any info appreciated.JBL and OHM speakers 044.jpg JBL and OHM speakers 045.jpg JBL and OHM speakers 042.jpg

Luckily stumbled onto some Ohm C2's that appear to have the new Ohm woofers. (glad I don't have to re-foam)
$40 bucks. Found at a yard sale that I almost skipped since the wife was busy giving us a late start.
Never seen any Ohm in my market and happy to try a pair. They do sound great!
Trying to figure out what work has been done. Looks like the new Ohm woofer since it has a pattern and
appears to be poly/non paper and no signs of speaker wires coming out of the dust cap as seen on older
versions. Any info appreciated.View attachment 1175444 View attachment 1175445 View attachment 1175447
Lucky score!
$40....jee wizz..... some of the Finest Speakers ever made come from OHM Acoustics in my Opinion.....and those C2's are KEEPERS!

Those are in fact the updated woofers. For $40 that's a steal! Pull the woofers and there should be the SBA circuit hot glued to the back of the magnet!

I have tried so many speakers, and these almost instantly became keepers. And that does not happen often.
Great musical ability. Can play my rock oriented music with nice bass. Impressive for a 10" woofer. Do not know if it is the
new woofer with the SBA circuit that makes them perform so well, but really outstanding performance.
(Actually, I should be telling you all how much I think they stink so I can find another pair.) :)

I updated my C2's I bought in '77 with those woofers and SBA about three years back. I also recaped them. The woofers were about $325 upgrade. It's one heavy magnet. Yes,IMG_20170123_094320.jpg IMG_20160803_182921.jpg IMG_20160725_143801.jpg IMG_20160731_175439.jpg you did well. I think they sound better after upgrade. Not leaving til after me.
Third pic is before recap. Fourth after recap. The SBA is glued to woofer magnet. You can see it.
There are at least two crossover versions. Single and two switches. Mine has single switch, first year of production.

Last edited:
roadrunner if your speakers have that BLK/RED cap (oldguy8 3rd photo) totally replace that cap. They tend to fail. Good luck with them. Enjoy the music.

I feel quite fortunate to have found any Ohm speakers. Did a 200 mile radius scan around me on CL and only saw 2 model L's and only 1 of them realistic.
Did the same scan around my brother in N.C. No Ohm's. Wow, not many being sold. Even the Bay was empty of C2's.

Back
Top Bottom