My first Rogers

Good job! Now pics and impressions. What:yikes: you don't have them hooked up yet?

Without photos it didn't happen.

:D

They do have a point though... It's not like we're talking about a pair of unrestored Advents here... If I put up a thread saying I copped a pair of Airedales and no pics (nor mention of incoming pics), AK'ers would be hurling virtual pieces of popcorn at me...

Wait, I think I get it... You're putting up a thread with pics in the SPEAKERS section... Now I see what's going on.

But that aside, whoo-hoo! How do they sound? What are you using for amperage?

Last edited:
Without photos it didn't happen.

Fair point...

CIMG5573_zps7af80eca.jpg

The Rogers I got aren't as exotic as the 3/5a.
Having said that, I must say I'm a little annoyed because they shouldn't sound this good.

Are you running the Rogers with the SET amp or the Redgum?

Since I was using the SET in my lounge and have been curious about running mini monitors with such the SET was the first choice of amp. And not too surprisingly it is more than adequate so far.

Man...you know you're beyond a tease....you're morally wrong..... just EVIL!:yes:

:D

But really, I only got them last night and there was no light. I took a photo this morning though. Here we go:

CIMG5572_zps6f443f36.jpg

Impressions to follow.

Ok, the model of my new Rogers is LS4a. One very brief review of these speakers that made me jump on the deal was from a Darko review of Harbeth P3ESR SE (http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2011/03/harbeth-p3esr-se-standmount-loudspeaker/). Here he says:

The twenty year-old Rogers LS4a might not be as resolving but they are more fun, more comfortable in their own skin, not as uptight. They are more willing to get out of their comfort zone. The Harbeths are more stubborn in this regard.

Well at a fraction of the Harbeth price, I thought I didn't have much to lose. I wasn't too impressed by the look though. I don't like black gear. Piano finish black maybe. But not just ordinary black. And that's what they are. The 20 something years didn't do favour to the current cab condition either. It was decent but not like-new. Well at least the drivers were in a pretty good condition.

Ok, the model of my new Rogers is LS4a. One very brief review of these speakers that made me jump on the deal was from a Darko review of Harbeth P3ESR SE (http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2011/03/harbeth-p3esr-se-standmount-loudspeaker/). Here he says:

Well at a fraction of the Harbeth price, I thought I didn't have much to lose. I wasn't too impressed by the look though. I don't like black gear. Piano finish black maybe. But not just ordinary black. And that's what they are. The 20 something years didn't do favour to the current cab condition either. It was decent but not like-new. Well at least the drivers were in a pretty good condition.

I like Darko and he has a right to his opinion, but among reviewers and many listeners he appears to be in the minority in his relatively poor opinion of the P3ESR. That's to take nothing away from the Rogers but the Harbeth's are pretty special.

Back
Top Bottom