My first Sansui piece.

Ok, light of day photos. Not absolutely perfect, but pretty dang good. The only flaws I can find are the couple of very light scratches you can barely see if you look closely in the first pics. Not even to silver metal. So I don't think I will try to repair them.

The thing sounds great, better than my Yamaha CT-800, and tuned easily without an antenna as shown in the first night pic above, and gets huge signal with a cheapo wire antenna. Tuning seems spot on and no alignment necessary.

fullsizeoutput_dda9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_ddab.jpeg fullsizeoutput_dda6.jpeg XUQEalzDTEWBhqsKg9FJFg.jpg fullsizeoutput_dda8.jpeg

The Yamaha will stay at work with the silver Music Hall, and the Sansui will end up at home in my main room, with a Hafler P-225, PS Audio 6.1 Pre-amp, and my other various inputs there. Other than my old turntable, a completely blacked out system, so will go nicely together in the satin black. I think I will take the rack handles off.

Welcome to Sansui. That is a fine tuner, it ranks really well:

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/standings.html#2
(scroll to the bottom)
I used the resource quite a lot in deciding. I have another Yamaha CT-800 tuner that I use at work that is pretty ok but this one is way nicer, and will be part of a home system where its satin black look will match the other components. And the lights from the display will be lovely at night!

Adding the aesthetic of the light of the display, and the handsomeness of the unit was a decent part of making me wait for a nice one.

It will look great, alongside a nice turntable, when I get one, on top of this!

Seller's pic. Not my room.
51745111_10216569354177704_7384609826342436864_n.jpg
The Hafler amp, and PS Audio pre-amp, and other inputs, will go beneath on the shelves. Along with an old Yamaha RX-V795a that will reside on the bottom shelf to power some other speakers for AV.

Back
Top Bottom