My first stereo back in rotation

slow_jazz

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This was my first real stereo. An Electrophonic all in one system.

I purchased this from Kmart around 1975 or so. I had it in layaway for several months paying a little each month.

The speakers are long gone.

I always kept it for sentimental reasons.

I hooked it back up over the weekend. I setup an A,B,C switch box going into the 8 track player inputs in the rear.

With a decent input source like cd player and better speakers it sounds decent. Little shy on treble but loads of bass.

Surprised the sliders still work great. No scratchiness at all.

stereo1.jpg

Real swell keeper, sj! Must have had unit covered to keep those "sliders" non-scratchy.

Truly an all-in-one unit and a conversation piece at the same time!:thumbsup:

Got 1800 8 tracks to share.

Q

Last edited:
Cool. It might have easily sounded better than what I had in the early 1970s! Do you have any 8-tracks to play? They might need splices redone or the pressure pad replaced, though. Just a couple of years ago I got my first 8-track deck. Why? Because every format has some value, I guess, and I never had one of those. One of the first things I had to learn was how to repair the tape cartridges. What kind of shape is the turntable in?

Very nice! I really want to like all-in-one systems.
There is something about the underdog quality of them that appeals to me.

wow, that picture sure brought back memories. my first one looked exactly like that, except for some cosmetic differences and maybe a couple more toggle switches. mine was a lafayette model, a christmas present from the parents. at the time, i lived in the suburbs of nyc, and it was selective enough to introduce me to all sorts of music on the crowded fm band from the empire state building. thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom