My formal introduction here!

Miss Marantz

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but have been into vintage audio since I was a pre teen. My Father was an audiophile and the audio equipment saw way more use than the televisions. did in our house. Most all my equipment was given to me by him over the years and he always serviced and repaired my equipment for me. Well he passed away last year so I am on my own and I really regret not learning from him while I could. I am from Sausalito CA am recently divorced with a 10 year old Son that loves music as well. My system is a Marantz 2325 that my Father bought new before I was born and gave me for my 16th birthday and a pair of revel performa 3 f208's which is the only piece of equipment I have that is not vintage. I have been accused of not being real here on the forum so I thought I should introduce myself.

Hello Miss Marantz! Welcome to AK! I love Sausalito its always a great feeling to go over the Golden Gate bridge to get there! :beatnik::smoke::)

Welcome!

(I think there is an "ignore button" somewhere if certain folks get bothersome.)

Welcome to AK.
I'm sure you will get plenty of help here. the guys are a good bunch really and that always willing to help someone in need.
You would be surprised how many troll's we get on this site so a bit of suspicion is normal.

First--welcome aboard!!!

Yes, women are in the minority in this hobby, but there is no reason to not be accepted like everyone else. I think that it is fantastic that you are engaging your young son in the hobby as well--maybe he'll appreciate something beyond Beats headphones and an iPhone.

Welcome to AK, best of luck with the troubleshooting . Most who offer help here mean well.

Welcome to AK

I'v seen the weird comments in your threads that are uncalled for, disregard or report them.

That's not AK and there is many many more members here to help and we will.

Welcome to AK.

Sorry about the loss of your father, but I think it's great that he passed his love of this hobby down to you and now you are passing it down to your son.

The first vintage receiver I restored was a little Sansui 221 that I gave my daughter (along with a pair of Monitor Audio speakers) for her 13th birthday. That was 5 years ago and she still listens to that receiver every day.

Welcome! As a father, I've gotten my daughter involved in some vintage repair projects. Most posted here on AK. We're in the middle of one right now, but got sidetracked for the time being. Lotsa helpful folks here.

Welcome from one gal to another. This is a great forum with lots of helpful folks who will go out of there way to help. Enjoy it!

Greetings from another gal - on the East Coast (Virginia, just outside DC) !
Most folks here are very helpful -
but like every forum, there are a few who are ... socially awkward, shall we say ...

Hi and welcome to AK from another Marantz 2325 owner!
It's a great receiver and a fantastic gift from your father!
If you need any help with it please feel free to ask.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom