My Garage sell find.

rcwatson1

At a garage sell this past weekend, I found some older Pioneer stuff and was wanting to know if any of you all have any info on them. The reciever is a model # SX-255R, the CD player is a PD-F807, these 2 were produced in 1998, from the tag on the back of the units..both units work perfectly, the 101 disc player has no problems at all(just needed cleaned). My big question is with the speakers all they have on them is Pioneer Quartet 70, they do have some tech specs on the back, but no other numbers other than that. The speakers look older than the other stuff, and one is missing a tweeter, other than that they sound really good. Oh, I only paid $25 bucks for all of it. So what do you all think, where can I get a new tweeter, is this stuff crap? Thanks for any info and your comments.

At a garage sell this past weekend, I found some older Pioneer stuff and was wanting to know if any of you all have any info on them. The reciever is a model # SX-255R, the CD player is a PD-F807, these 2 were produced in 1998, from the tag on the back of the units..both units work perfectly, the 101 disc player has no problems at all(just needed cleaned). My big question is with the speakers all they have on them is Pioneer Quartet 70, they do have some tech specs on the back, but no other numbers other than that. The speakers look older than the other stuff, and one is missing a tweeter, other than that they sound really good. Oh, I only paid $25 bucks for all of it. So what do you all think, where can I get a new tweeter, is this stuff crap? Thanks for any info and your comments.

Hey rcwatson1
Welcome to AK.
I am not familiar with those models but you cant beat the price especially if you like sound.
Most of the models that we deal with are the 70s era.I couldnt find any thing for the Pioneer Quartet 70 speakers with a quick search.
The best thing that I could recommend is to see if you could get any specs from pioneer on the tweeter if not you could ohm check it with a DMM and find the same ohm and size replacement and give it a shot.Be sure to note if the original is a closed back speaker if so make sure that the replacment is the same or the woofer will have its way with the tweeter due to the shared air space.
Steve

Thanks for the response, I do like sound and as soon as I find a new tweeter all will be good, it still sounds pretty damn good, shakes the house and sounds good too...the original tweeter from the other speaker is closed back style. I was wondering why it was like that, and now I know why. Thanks again for the help. Anyone else with any advice or info, thanks in advance.

$25? You can't go wrong with that. I have a PD-5030 from the early 80's, and it's done the job to this point.

I couldn't find any info on the 70 speakers.

Thanks for trying on the 70's. I couldnt believe it when the guy said 25 bucks....I would of easily paid 100 for all of it.

I have a set of the QuArtet 70 80 watts max 92 db @ 1 meter 3 way ported I have serial # AD 00324 U and 00272 U I repaired the 12 inch woofer's and they sound great 50 lbs each and I can not find info from Pioneer on them, I'm thinking they were a club or theater speakers. Just don't know just can't find info. And to rcwatson1 you have a one of a kind from pioneer there just not out there. And a collector item.

Back
Top Bottom